Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Are these shoes ok for 100% smart dress Watch

ReputationRep:
    ]

would these be acceptable to a london club tonight? as apart from these the only thing i have are black nike trainers!

the dress code says
    100% Smart Dress (no hats or sportswear)
    and on other sites it has said
    100% Smart Dress (No hoods, hats, trainers or sports wear)

im stuck as party is tonight
    ps im a guy

also would dark staight cut jeans be ok?
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    They're not even slightly smart, let alone '100% smart dress'.

ReputationRep:
    they would be OK if worn in an ironic way

ReputationRep:
    i would consider them to be sportswear/trainers so i dont think theyll be accepted. cant you borrow some from a friend or something? or just pop out and buy a cheap pair of black pumps for a fiver

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tsnake23)
    They're not even slightly smart, let alone '100% smart dress'.
    (Original post by the bear)
    they would be OK if worn in an ironic way
    so no? what could i wear then? http://www.burton.co.uk/webapp/wcs/s...fRefinements=1
    could any of these be worn?

(Original post by POWCATTY)
    i would consider them to be sportswear/trainers so i dont think theyll be accepted. cant you borrow some from a friend or something? or just pop out and buy a cheap pair of black pumps for a fiver
    got a picture of what i could wear, where i could get them? are these girl shoes cos im a guy

link here to event

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by printergirl)
    Yes.

It only says no sportswear, trainers, hoods etc. I'm assuming a lot will turn up in a pair of jeans (blue or black) and a shirt/polo.

ReputationRep:

could any of these be worn?
    Given that link is to a search for "casual" shoes ... no

Ahhhh ... clicked on the link ... smart is not really smart in this case

I think the shoes you have but in black would be better

ReputationRep:
    F
    (Original post by TenOfThem)
    Given that link is to a search for "casual" shoes ... no

Ahhhh ... clicked on the link ... smart is not really smart in this case

I think the shoes you have but in black would be better
    Are none of thsmose suitable? Would I actually have to getblack shoes as minestrone just school ones which look terrible, I can't pull off black shoes , can u link me to acceptable shoes from Burton next etc
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YouGotSerbed)
    Yes.

It only says no sportswear, trainers, hoods etc. I'm assuming a lot will turn up in a pair of jeans (blue or black) and a shirt/polo.
    Any ideas about shoes?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If you turned up wearing those, you'd probably get in. I don't know which clubs people on these forums go to but clothing isn't checked all that often at events like this one. Even if the bouncers cared to look at your shoes, they aren't extravagantly sporty or anything, you'd be fine.

They're just standard plimsolls and clubs around London generally accept them as an alternative to smart leather shoes. Just don't wear Nike Blazers or anything, then you'd be cutting it close.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Row Z)
    If you turned up wearing those, you'd probably get in. I don't know which clubs people on these forums go to but clothing isn't checked all that often at events like this one. Even if the bouncers cared to look at your shoes, they aren't extravagantly sporty or anything, you'd be fine.

They're just standard plimsolls and clubs around London generally accept them as an alternative to smart leather shoes. Just don't wear Nike Blazers or anything, then you'd be cutting it close.
    I've posted a link to the event, this is the first time I've even been to any club or event but it says 100% smart so I'm not sure, but if I can't wear what I have then I have to wear shoes which don't suit me

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I class 100% smart wear as a suit and tie. But why you would wear a suit to a concert/ party idk.

So i'm stumped.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Runninground)
    I class 100% smart wear as a suit and tie. But why you would wear a suit to a concert/ party idk.

So i'm stumped.
    That's what's got me in a huff! Do you think what I posted is ok, is the o2 leninent?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've posted a link to the event, this is the first time I've even been to any club or event but it says 100% smart so I'm not sure, but if I can't wear what I have then I have to wear shoes which don't suit me

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm 95% sure that you'd get in wearing those. It's not some VIP club in Mayfair, and if you look at the music they're playing, I'm pretty sure you'll get in.

To be honest, if you want to be 100% sure, then just go and buy a pair of £25-40 smart black shoes from Burton, nice and simple and will do the job for you for a year or two. As I say though, I'm pretty sure you'd get in. Dark straight cut jeans, with a shirt or a jumper or both would also be fine.

£20 for an afterparty though, pretty steep, and I don't think the drinks would be cheap either.

ReputationRep:
    Any ideas about shoes?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've been to O2 before, they're fairly lenient. By trainers, they usually mean tennis shoes or tattered Karrimor trainers, that sort of thing. Plimsolls are common clubbing footwear and they'd be stupid to turn all the people wearing them away.

What they don't want is:

Name:  crocs-kids-cayman-classic-aqua-pair.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  24.9 KB
    Name:  16901738_l.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  8.8 KB
    Name:  21122290_pl.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  4.1 KB

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like a terrible club, those shoes are trainers.

ReputationRep:
    That's what's got me in a huff! Do you think what I posted is ok, is the o2 leninent?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lol, idk i've never been

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YouGotSerbed)
    I've been to O2 before, they're fairly lenient. By trainers, they usually mean tennis shoes or tattered Karrimor trainers, that sort of thing. Plimsolls are common clubbing footwear and they'd be stupid to turn all the people wearing them away.

What they don't want is:

Name:  crocs-kids-cayman-classic-aqua-pair.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  24.9 KB
    Name:  16901738_l.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  8.8 KB
    Name:  21122290_pl.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  4.1 KB
    I'm just concerned it says 100% smart dress
    But I don't want to wear shoes as I don't pull them off with what I wear

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm just concerned it says 100% smart dress
    But I don't want to wear shoes as I don't pull them off with what I wear

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.