Insommbia Watch

Resit1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
I can't get to sleep for hours and spend that time tossing and turning. When I do eventually get to sleep I wake up about every 2 hours and cant seem to sleep past 7:30 no matter how exhausted i am.

I've tired everything, warm milk, warm bath, cool shower, sleeping tablets which did let me sleep but i had a constant headache the following days and the nights I didnt take it I couldnt sleep at all. I have a cool room as well.

Is there anything anybody can suggest as I really do need some sleep.

Thanks
cubanarmy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
If u don't get enuff sleep u will die.
cubanarmy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
go to your doctors.
Anonymous #1
Report 12 years ago
I got a bad case of insominia as well. I can't sleep til about 6am, today I fell asleep when bbc breakfast news was on!!!! Its well annoying and is down to exam stress so hopefully it will all turn out good come my last exam!!!!
Resit1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
My doctor is 200 miles away, i just really need some short term advice. Please does anyone have any suggestions?
bone-machine
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
find some relaxation audio things on limewire or something..they have lots for insomnia....you just listen to what they are saying..try and visualise what they are trying to get your to visualise..it helps to relax your muscles and get your mind off it...also remember..having a night of deep relaxation..as in getting to the point where your muscles and whole body feels really heavy and your mind is sort of static can be almost as good as a whole nights sleep

when i suffered insomnia and got to the stage when i knew thati just wouldnt get to sleep that night then i just let myself go into deep relaxation...

lay flat on your back
arms laying by your sides
legs falling in their natural position
breathe in for 7, then breathe out slowly for 11...do this for at least 5 mins
listen to the sounds outside
then listen to the sounds of your body,breathing, stomach rubling, heart beating
focus on the feelings in in your body
the pressure of your legs on the bed
the way your hands are touching the cool sheets
the feel of your hair against your face
...etc

and what i do is i have this 'place' i go to, think of a place that you were really relaxed one time..like maybe one summers day lying in your garden..try to get back to that place feelign the sun on your face etc..just have fun with it..build up this perfect imaginary space that you can just chill out in..no pressure to go to sleep ..just focus on enjoying the heaviness in your muscles and the calm your feeling..often this takes your mind of sleep and you sleep ...

it takes a bit of practice but it can be a lifesaver when your suffering from insomia..it also helps to have a scent that reminds you of this place of relaxtion..i always used to do my relaxation with the smell of lavender..so now i associate the two and smelling lavender chills em out...

for a quick way to relax your muslces..lay flat out like described above and first tense your toes as hard as you can..for about 4 second then relax..then tense your lower legs hard ..and relax..then your bum..the your fists, then your shoulder etc..move up to the head..tehn pull some crazy faces and relax your face...by the end you should feel good and heavy.

i just did a quick google search..maybe try some of these

http://www.loyola.edu/campuslife/hea...elaxation.html

pm me if you want..insomia sucks
cubanarmy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I don't think relaxation tips will help, if sleeping pills don't have an effect on you, you have a problem.
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
It's a vicious circle - the more stressed you are, the harder it is to get to sleep; the less you sleep, the more stressed you get. You need to work out the cause of your stress, other than the lack of sleep. There must be some other factors in your life which must be weighing on your mind and keeping you from sleep.
Bunny Boiler
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Oh my god spell it right!!

IT'S INSOMNIA!!!!

I used to have it!!! I should know!!!

OOOH SPELLING ANNOYS ME!!!!!!!!
Ron Stoppable
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Dododo-do-doo,
Dododo-do-doo,
Dododo-do-doo,
I-nso-mnia-
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by :DWoah-me-god:))
Oh my god spell it right!!

IT'S INSOMNIA!!!!

I used to have it!!! I should know!!!

OOOH SPELLING ANNOYS ME!!!!!!!!
Prolific use of exclamation marks and the lack of commas annoys me.
bone-machine
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by cubanarmy)
I don't think relaxation tips will help, if sleeping pills don't have an effect on you, you have a problem.
bull****, sleeping pills wont work if your hyped up and your heartrate is going..hence if you relax they work...my sleeping pills didnt work until i learnt how to relax...even chemicals wont knock you out if your in a state
Troy :0)
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Resit1)
I can't get to sleep for hours and spend that time tossing and turning. When I do eventually get to sleep I wake up about every 2 hours and cant seem to sleep past 7:30 no matter how exhausted i am.

I've tired everything, warm milk, warm bath, cool shower, sleeping tablets which did let me sleep but i had a constant headache the following days and the nights I didnt take it I couldnt sleep at all. I have a cool room as well.

Is there anything anybody can suggest as I really do need some sleep.

Thanks

have a w**k just before bed, that normally gets rid of insommbia for me.
tinkerbellejess
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I get really bad insomnia, and people tell me it's stress, but I've never ever been able to sleep! and now I have constant headaches, and tiredness during the day, so it's actually beginning to affect my life, so I'm going to the doctor as soon as I can
Bunny Boiler
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by 1013)
Prolific use of exclamation marks and the lack of commas annoys me.
sorry...

high priestess fnord
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
this sounds really wierd but if you just lie there and try and stay awake it sometimes helps. some weird reverse phycology thing i guess.
maag101
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Does insommbia make you feel like a zombie-a?
Anonymous #2
Report 12 years ago
i have same probs..insomnia..constant headacheas...nothing seems to help...I use herbal relaxants and they get me to sleep but they dont do much about the headachaes. Guess i have to learn to beat my stress
Bob123
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Troy :0))
have a w**k just before bed, that normally gets rid of insommbia for me.
LOL
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (535)
37.81%
No - but I will (111)
7.84%
No - I don't want to (96)
6.78%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (673)
47.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise