Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

This is why I hate Facebook. watch

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else not hate the fact that people insist on posting every single picture they take on facebook?

Why can't people just keep their pictures to themselves? Perhaps take them to a shop and get them processed so they can look back at the memories in a few years time?

WHY is it necessary to post them on bloody facebook? I don't want everyone seeing pictures of me when I am out with my friends.. I now avoid getting my picture taken at all costs as I know it WILL go on facebook

I don't want my old high school 'friends' to know EXACTLY what I am doing with my life, I would like to meet them and be able to tell them myself instead of them being able to see every single picture that has been taken of me on facebook

Spoiler:
    Show
    YES I HATE FACEBOOK.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1maOiysZe-4 <--- good irrelevant song! oh rockall rockall you never fall!!

Feel free to leave a comment saying if you agree or disagree with what I have just proclaimed

EDIT: WHY IS THIS BEING NEGGED? Since when did I say something wrong? You abhorrent people.

OKAY, WANNA FIGHT ABOUT IT THEN? NAW I DIDN'T THINK SO. STOP NEGGIN ME OR I WILL BE FORCED TO TAKE ACTION.

ReputationRep:
    If you hate Facebook then just deactivate and move on... simple. What does complaining on a forum about it achieve?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Batman)
    If you hate Facebook then just deactivate and move on... simple. What does complaining on a forum about it achieve?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't have facebook you judgmental sod

However, I am never done hearing from people say things along these lines

"I saw a picture of you on facebook doing [insert word]"

ReputationRep:
    Hate facebook.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madfish)

The problem is with your friends, not the website.

ReputationRep:
    Don't do silly things, then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    The problem is with your friends, not the website.
    If the website was not there

It wouldn't happen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JC.)
    Don't do silly things, then?
    It's not necessarily silly things

Just in general, It pisses me off the fact people I don't even like can see what I am doing, such an invasion of my privacy

Mark Zukerburg is a ****

ReputationRep:
    I just hate getting bloody game requests every day!
    But yeah I do know what you mean, people post practically everything they do in life.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Does anyone else not hate the fact that people insist on posting every single picture they take on facebook?

Why can't people just keep their pictures to themselves? Perhaps take them to a shop and get them processed so they can look back at the memories in a few years time?

WHY is it necessary to post them on bloody facebook? I don't want everyone seeing pictures of me when I am out with my friends.. I now avoid getting my picture taken at all costs as I know it WILL go on facebook

I don't want my old high school 'friends' to know EXACTLY what I am doing with my life, I would like to meet them and be able to tell them myself instead of them being able to see every single picture that has been taken of me on facebook

Spoiler:
    Show
    YES I HATE FACEBOOK.

Feel free to leave a comment saying if you agree or disagree with what I have just proclaimed
    What's actually wrong with the pictures being on Facebook? What harm does it cause? That seems pretty irrational to me.

ReputationRep:
    ....deal with it ¬.¬

ReputationRep:
    Move to a country that hasn't discovered electricity yet?

Just a photo tbh, best make peace with it or stop going out. You'll have to change before the world does.

ReputationRep:
    If the website was not there

It wouldn't happen
    If your friends didn't want to upload every single photograph

It wouldn't happen.

See, I can use the exact same argument. Ever thought about asking them not to put up pictures of you? Radical, I know...

ReputationRep:

Just in general, It pisses me off the fact people I don't even like can see what I am doing, such an invasion of my privacy

Mark Zukerburg is a ****
    Can you explain exactly how these 2 are happening at the same time?

ReputationRep:

WHY is it necessary to post them on bloody Facebook? [/SIZE][/COLOR]
    Why can't people just keep their opinions to themselves? Why do they feel the need to post them on bloody TSR? Why are you so angry over such a trivial matter?

Just be quiet.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iP

ReputationRep:
    I used to be like you, in that I would always avoid taking pictures whenever I was out with friends. But that was a few years ago. I now don't mind having pictures taken and them being posted on facebook. I like looking through old pictures and remembering all of the fun times I've had. Whereas before,when I didn't have pictures taken of me at an event, it was as if I wasn't at these events. It makes me feel a bit sad, mainly because I used to be so self concious and that's why I hated photos.
    It's never really bothered me that other people can see my photos because I am equally as nosey about what other people have been getting up to

ReputationRep:
    If you don't want your picture on facebook, don't have your photo taken by people who you know will post it on facebook. Simples. There's no need to get so wound up about it. :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    Um, the solution to this is simple. Have different friends/deactivate your account/ignore it. Facebook isn't going away because you don't like what people do with it.

ReputationRep:
    It's not necessarily silly things

Mark Zukerburg is a ****
    If you're in a public place anyone can take a photo of you anyway.
    Stay at home. Noone can "invade your privacy" then?

ReputationRep:

"I don't have this thing but i am going to complain about said thing even thoughi am not exposed to the thing i am complaining about"

Sad.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.