Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

EU students online application watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello!

I'm wondering whether I can apply online (I'm from EU), because England student finance says "full-time EU students who qualify for a Tuition Fee Loan and additional help (eg a grant) can apply online in the same way as a UK student." - But how do I know whether I qualify? The requirements are very superficial and ambiguous. (I'm from EU, but have a relative which is working for more than 10 years in UK, and NI number. If that changes something)

Or should I just fill the paper form?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lukfisto)
    Hello!

I'm wondering whether I can apply online (I'm from EU), because England student finance says "full-time EU students who qualify for a Tuition Fee Loan and additional help (eg a grant) can apply online in the same way as a UK student." - But how do I know whether I qualify? The requirements are very superficial and ambiguous. (I'm from EU, but have a relative which is working for more than 10 years in UK, and NI number. If that changes something)

Or should I just fill the paper form?
    I believe you have to fill in the paper form as if you're currently living in the EU you will not be eligible for maintenance loans or grants.

ReputationRep:
    yes, it is right! I am european too (from Italy). I'm applying for a tuition fee loan .I live in London and I have a NI but I'm filling the paper version as well.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.