The Student Room Group

Help please

Basically, I know this guy through a friend, he is now her ex. Im not close friends with the girl, shes just part of the my group that I hang out with. I started talking to the guy when they were going out, when they broke up we became really close and we started to like each other. (He broke up with her) I told the girl as I didn't want to be secretive about it and she had a go at me and told me that she still loved him and she started comparing herself to my best friend asking if I'd do the same to her. Clearly I wouldn't but I never saw this girl as a close friend so I didn't think that it would matter that much, I didn't even know that she still liked him because he'd always tell me how he'd moved on and she's his past. The guy got a bit annoyed cos he didnt want me to tell her and he starting saying that he never really liked me and he was just a bit confused. Which really hurt me. Anyway because she didn't like us talking, I respected that and told him that we shouldn't talk anymore. In the meantime, they got back together for a couple of months then she broke up with him because things weren't the same.

Recently, i started talking to the guy again and we are now back on good terms. I was afraid to like him again because he has obviously hurt me in the past but I think I like him again now but don't know if he feels the same. I don't want to make a big deal out of it. The girl doesn't even know that we talk again. She might get a bit upset. I dont even know how to tell the girl that we talk? I don't know what to do :frown:
If your not very close friends maybe its worth just telling her :smile: If they ended because it didn't work out then maybe there are no hard feelings. If you believe this guy is good for you then pursue it, just accept the consequences if anything were to go wrong. If your worried about telling the girl, then just tell her. You'll see her reaction and know where you stand with it all. If It were me, I would take the fact that the guy told you that he never liked you and forget about him, because he doesn't deserve you if that's how he'll talk to you. And the chances are, as horrible as it sounds, that you could be the rebound of the girl, which you don't deserve :frown: As cliché as it is, there are plenty more fish in the sea :smile: Just one guy isn't going to mean that you'll be single for the rest of your life, depending on where you end up in life you'll meet all sorts of people and you'll realise that life is just about being happy, so things and people who don't make you happy don't deserve to be in your life :smile: Hope ive helped a bit :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending