Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you rather live without TV or music? Watch

• View Poll Results: Wish would you rather lose?
    TV
    77.08%
    Music
    22.92%

ReputationRep:
    I am not much of a music fan but I love TV so this is obvious for me.

What about you?

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean by TV? I wouldn't give up owning a TV. Nor would I give up watching TV shows using online services (iPlayer, Netflix, etc). But I could easily give up watching broadcast TV channels.

ReputationRep:
    I could easily live without TV - I only watch a few catchup things on netflix/4oD anyways.

ReputationRep:
    Without TV, I barely watch anything anyway, couldn't live without music though.

ReputationRep:
    Assuming you can't play music through your TV?

Definitely TV. I love music, but I could live without TV - in fact I'd get a lot more done, and be able to develop some new hobbies. Mind you, you do get into a routine of family TV in the evenings - it might be quite hard at first.

ReputationRep:
    If there was no music, would the music channels on TV and the soundtracks to the TV shows disappear as well?

Tough one for me as well, but I think I'd live without music (even though I love it at the moment because it gives me company whilst I revise).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psyk)
    What do you mean by TV? I wouldn't give up owning a TV. Nor would I give up watching TV shows using online services (iPlayer, Netflix, etc). But I could easily give up watching broadcast TV channels.
    There is always one awkward person, isn't there?

Urm... I don't know. Lets just say broadcast TV.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I moved out 2 years ago and I have went without a TV since then and its not bothered me one bit. Yeah fair enough I have my laptop and internet so I can watch any show I want but the last thing I do while on the internet lol. Couldn't go without music, no way. Listen to it every day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NotMyToothbrush)
    There is always one awkward person, isn't there?

Urm... I don't know. Lets just say broadcast TV.
    Oh, then TV easily.

ReputationRep:
    TV of course.

ReputationRep:
    TV.

ReputationRep:
    I don't even watch T.V anymore.. All I need is internet and music.

ReputationRep:
    TV. I barely watch it anyway, and even if I am, I always have an earphone in Music gets me through life, and I couldn't go without it.

ReputationRep:
    Probably TV nothing on half the time anyway just end up with the radio on!

ReputationRep:
    TV I dont really watch it that much now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I couldn't live without comedy. So as much as I love good tune, music gets my vote.

ReputationRep:
    (Ooops, I accidentally voted for music when I meant TV)

I watch TV quite a bit when I'm at home but when I'm at uni not having a TV or TV license doesn't bother me, so I could happily go without TV. I listen to music a lot so I'd rather not do without that.

ReputationRep:
    Don't watch much TV or listen to music, but couldn't live without my wifi radio.

edit: wrong option.

ReputationRep:
    I cannot stand TV. Aside from a few select series (Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Fringe) and the occasional wildlife documentary, I really don't see anything enjoyable about TV. And as for reality TV..... well, put it this way: I don't want to move home after uni, and one of the reasons is that my Mum watches it. It makes me sick to the stomach.

So yeah.... music all the way! (apologies for the negativity!)

ReputationRep:
    I may be a bit biased since next year I'm going to be studying music at uni, but definitely TV. People are brought closer together by music - it appeals to everyone in some form or another, and its lyrics and melodies are remembered and passed on through the ages, building a whole family of listeners and creating common ground for the most different of people.
    TV probably does the exact opposite, especially reality TV, whose main goal is to make you feel much worse about your own life by showing you a family of skinny, spoilt, botox-laden primadonnas who have nothing to contribute to the world yet make more money in a week than you do in a year.
    So yeah, I could definitely do without TV.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.