Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello fellow TSRers!

I've been offered conditional places to my two university preferences (Bedfordshire and Worcester), but I've come across a bit of a dilemma as the two offer me completely different pros and cons.

I plan to study scriptwriting and Bedfordshire meets my criteria course-wise, but I've heard from numerous people that the area (Luton) isn't too shabby; whereas with Worcester I've heard nothing but rave reviews for the town, but I can only study scriptwriting if I do it as part of a joint-honour (I've opted for English Language Studies), which I think could be quite risky.

Just want to know what you guys think and whether any of you are planning on studying scriptwriting and considering those universities?

ReputationRep:
    This is a classic example of short term vs long term- and if you have a dream job or goal that you want to achieve then you should try to look at the bigger picture. 3 years is a long time to spend in a town that you don't particularly like, but it's nothing compared to the x amount of years in work a great degree will give you. You're spending a whole lot of money on this qualification, so make sure it's something you're really passionate about, and you'll enjoy it wherever you are.

ReputationRep:
    If you can do scriptwriting at Worcester then why not , atleast, if perhaps once you havent finished the course you aren't so passioante about scriptwriting you have the opportunity to maybe do something with your english . x

ReputationRep:
    Wow, I completely forgot about this post. I've been so unsuccessful with my threads I'd given up hope...

Thanks for your advice. I did a bit of further research on both courses and found out that the scriptwriting course at Worcester is only a mere subsidiary, so I think Bedfordshire's the destination for me. It's a shame really 'cos I was warming to the idea of Worcester...

Are you guys starting university this coming September?

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.