Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, thanks for the help in advance. I am on o2 and for o2 in the U.K., lots of people have got the jb for S2, the following is my details:
    PDA: I9100XWLPT
    CSC: I9100XEULPA
    PHONE: I9100XXLQ6

I still haven't got the jb, on kies it says that I got the latest version

ReputationRep:
    Are you sure they received the update from Samsung? They could have rooted their phones...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaiDuc)
    Are you sure they received the update from Samsung? They could have rooted their phones...
    The official website says its available to o2 ---- http://www.sammobile.com/2013/01/23/...e-galaxy-s-ii/

Scroll down on the live thing and check out o2 UK

ReputationRep:
    Oh yes, I see. Sorry about that. Anyway, you should ask around or maybe phone O2. If none of that works, look into rooting your own device.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skilled)
    Hey guys, thanks for the help in advance. I am on o2 and for o2 in the U.K., lots of people have got the jb for S2, the following is my details:
    PDA: I9100XWLPT
    CSC: I9100XEULPA
    PHONE: I9100XXLQ6

I still haven't got the jb, on kies it says that I got the latest version
    The updates for Android phones like this are carrier controlled, so I'm not sure if it will come through Kies or over-the-air (If it's been released by O2). Go into Settings>>About Phone>>System Updates and see if anything comes up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    The updates for Android phones like this are carrier controlled, so I'm not sure if it will come through Kies or over-the-air (If it's been released by O2). Go into Settings>>About Phone>>System Updates and see if anything comes up.
    whats different about this carrier? and there's no update
    will I never get the jb?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaiDuc)
    Oh yes, I see. Sorry about that. Anyway, you should ask around or maybe phone O2. If none of that works, look into rooting your own device.
    thanks, but don't want to risk my phone rooting as I have never done it before

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skilled)
    whats different about this carrier? and there's no update
    will I never get the jb?
    Nothing really sets O2 apart, carriers get given the update by Samsung and they then have to do a few bits to get it to match up with their firmware, from what I can gather. Some are going to take longer than others depending on a range of factors. The internet seems to be contradicting itself with regards to whether or not O2 have started rolling it out yet, so I don't know what the actual case is. All I would say is ensure you have the most up-to-date version of Kies and keep checking.

ReputationRep:
    I've been running JB since January

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.