Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Heated argument in fast food place Watch

ReputationRep:
    So I was at this fast food place, not naming what fast food place or where it was. I made my order and specifically told the person taking my order that I want no onions. After a few minutes she handed my food, I paid and walked out...

After walking for a few minutes I opened my bag to find a burger with onions! I power walked back to the fast food place, to the front of the que and quite angrily shouted the person behind the till. This is where the argument began, she argued that I was downright rude to just start shouting at her. She argued that it is busy and sometimes mistakes happen, she took my bag of food and then just opened it and removed the onions. I was not having this, I swore at her and I demanded a new burger. This is where things really kicked off, we both started shouting quite loudly, eventually the manager came and then told me to leave.

I completely fail to see how this was my fault. If they got the order right I wouldn't have came back!!!

ReputationRep:
    Shouting at people just makes them not want to help you, and it also gives them leverage incase you take it further and make a formal complaint. Have a bit of tact, dumbass :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    I agree that they were in the wrong to not give you your requested order. However, I think that there was no need to shout at her straight away. You don't know what kind of situation she was in and why she made the mistake. Hey, everyone makes mistakes. I think you could have informed her politely and requested a new burger. You probably would have got one that way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaiDuc)
    I agree that they were in the wrong to not give you your requested order. However, I think that there was no need to shout at her straight away. You don't know what kind of situation she was in and why she made the mistake. Hey, everyone makes mistakes. I think you could have informed her politely and requested a new burger. You probably would have got one that way.
    But none of this would have happened if she wasn't dumb and actually listened when I said NO ONIONS!

ReputationRep:
    It was probably an honest mistake, there was no need for being aggressive on your part.

ReputationRep:
    Onions are nothing to cry about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGuy117)
    But none of this would have happened if she wasn't dumb and actually listened when I said NO ONIONS!
    She could have been going through a tough time such as personal or financial issues. Or she could have just been downright stupid. Even if she was, YOU would have got what you wanted if you went around it the polite way. I'm not hacking you off or anything. I understand perfectly why you did that and I know several people that have. I'm just saying that the whole issue could have been resolved quicker and easier with both parties happy if you were a bit more calm and polite.

ReputationRep:
    Mistakes happen.

Hell, it might not have even been the fault of the person behind the till. Kitchen might not have made it correctly, or labelled it correctly for the person out front.

But even if it was their fault, they will be undertrained, underpaid, overworked, stressed, and frankly won't care about whether your burger has onions in it or not. They are hardly going to care more if you become one of their angry customers. The only way to deal with customers in a fast food place is not take anger to heart - you shut down. If you're affected by a customer's anger, you won't last five minutes in that environment. Shutting someone down is hardly going to make them attentive to your requests.

Yes, the place made a mistake, but you didn't exactly help your own situation.

ReputationRep:
    I think you were too kind. Should have given her a good backhand. :sadnod: How dare people make mistakes. :fuhrer:

ReputationRep:
    Trollololol

ReputationRep:
    Didn't even give me a refund for the mistake

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cambio wechsel)
    Onions are nothing to cry about.
    onions are freaking awesome... if you were in mcdonalds or something where they give you gerkins, id just ask to replace the gerkins with more onions...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGuy117)
    1) How do you know she made the mistake? In case you hadn't noticed, all she did was take the order and then hand the food to you, she didn't make it, she simply took what the kitchen gave to her and handed it to you.
    2) Even if she did fail to tell the kitchen to make it without onions, so what, are you saying you've never made a mistake in your life?
    3) Trust me, from having worked in a retail environment for two years, and a fast food restaurant for a year, all that shouting at somebody does is guarantee that they don't want to help you. If you're polite when something is wrong then staff will ALWAYS be more willing to fix it for you.
    4) The same outcome will happen whether you shout or are polite, the mistake will be rectified, however by shouting there are two more things which happen. Firstly, you cause the staff member unnecessary stress and upset. Secondly, you seriously increase the chance of your replacement burger being served with an extra helping of phlegm.
    5) You're a ****.

ReputationRep:
    You again.
    :troll:

Pretty sure they simply put the order through the til and give the burger that's given for you from the back. Therefore, it wasn't even her fault. Shout at the man, not the (wo)man in the middle :top:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by officelinebacker)
    1) How do you know she made the mistake? In case you hadn't noticed, all she did was take the order and then hand the food to you, she didn't make it, she simply took what the kitchen gave to her and handed it to you.
    2) Even if she did fail to tell the kitchen to make it without onions, so what, are you saying you've never made a mistake in your life?
    3) Trust me, from having worked in a retail environment for two years, and a fast food restaurant for a year, all that shouting at somebody does is guarantee that they don't want to help you. If you're polite when something is wrong then staff will ALWAYS be more willing to fix it for you.
    4) The same outcome will happen whether you shout or are polite, the mistake will be rectified, however by shouting there are two more things which happen. Firstly, you cause the staff member unnecessary stress and upset. Secondly, you seriously increase the chance of your replacement burger being served with an extra helping of phlegm.
    5) You're a ****.
    You don't even know me and you assume I'm a ****? Maybe this person who gave me onions was infact you!

ReputationRep:
    Couldn't you just take the onions out by yourself? Why people make drama about small things. If you could just politely asked her to change the burger, I'm sure she would have done that but you have no rights to insult her over a small mistake. You probably have ruined her day. If I was her, I'd just stick that burger up in your bum and say bon appetit :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    Isn't this just a scene in Kidulthood? You're a moron, everybody knows that the type of guy who screams at somebody working hard on the minimum wage is a total douche. Besides, onions are delish, you're a fool not to eat your vegetables.

ReputationRep:
    It's because you started shouting. Talk about overreacting just take the damn onions out yourself, its no big deal and yet you decided to make it one by storming back into the place. What did you expect? I hope you learnt a lesson. Be respectful and kindly ask next time. People like you make these peoples jobs extra crappy.

ReputationRep:
    surely she didn't make the burger and put the onions in so not really her fault. you probably could have handled that situation a lot lot better.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.