Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I applied to Cardiff but they still haven't given me my reply back yet!!

I was just curious, do Universities filter people out based on their grades? I applied pretty late as well, On the 10th of January. (
    Any help?

Does Cardiff Uni filter people out based on their grades?

ReputationRep:
    well offers are based on grades... if your really close to the cut of for what they may be waiting to see what else they get. also what course? medicine etc take a lot longer than engineering (i got all mine within 2 weeks).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jjaammster)
    well offers are based on grades... if your really close to the cut of for what they may be waiting to see what else they get. also what course? medicine etc take a lot longer than engineering (i got all mine within 2 weeks).
    Biochemistry and yep they're probably waiting for better ( I hate being the 2nd choice. urgh

ReputationRep:
    Courses like medicine do have a filtering system and if you haven't achieved the minimum academic requirements without a sufficient reason, they won't bother.

Most courses however will give your application a chance, if it is in the region of their grade requirements.

ReputationRep:
    Not sure it's entirely helpful as it's for a completely different course (History/English Lit) however I applied to Cardiff before Christmas and only had a response (to submit an example of work) last week.

I agree with the above that straightforward rejections usually come a lot sooner. Whilst it's never nice to feel a university is waiting in case they get better, you have to tell yourself if it's taken this long there must be something they like about your application.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Desperate Dan)
    Not sure it's entirely helpful as it's for a completely different course (History/English Lit) however I applied to Cardiff before Christmas and only had a response (to submit an example of work) last week.

I agree with the above that straightforward rejections usually come a lot sooner. Whilst it's never nice to feel a university is waiting in case they get better, you have to tell yourself if it's taken this long there must be something they like about your application.
    That was helpful! Yay! Thanks!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.