Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

A Level students: Do you allow yourself days off from revision? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I've been doing a lot because I'm really struggling with my subjects, but I feel guilty whenever I'm not revising. Do you allow yourself time off? Eg. all day Saturday or something.

ReputationRep:
    me no not really. if i go and meet someone i work into the night. i just try to always do 5 hours per day.

ReputationRep:
    Pretty much every day, tbh.

ReputationRep:
    I take a day off every now and again otherwise I end up getting so burned out and exhuasted

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry about doing work constantly, a few concentrated and productive sessions are better than revising for hours and not taking it in!

ReputationRep:
    I've not known many people to cope well with exam stress when they work almost 24/7. You know your limits!

ReputationRep:
    I had two and half weeks off for easter (back to school on Monday), I've taken about 6 days off where I've done no revision - it was great but I did feel a little guilty.
    The days I have been revising, I've had small breaks and completely stop when I can't take any more in. I try not to stop when I'm in the middle of a topic or something, I try and finish the whole thing off.
    The longest I've revised in a day is for 7 hours - biology.

ReputationRep:
    If I go to work I allow myself a day off and I don't do much on Fridays either. The rest of the week I tend to do a little bit but my most focused work is done during school hours (usually during frees).

ReputationRep:
    i take days off every 2-3 dayz

ReputationRep:
    I go with the idea that if I push myself now, I can relax all summer knowing that I did my best. Only 2 months left, might as well make the most out of it

ReputationRep:
    Of course, but during the exam period if I can I will leave myself 1 day break / 1 day of light revision which usually involves me having a mind map in front of me while playing PES!

Don't burn yourself out too early! I did this in gcse and revision became too exhausting and boring to handle

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well I took the whole holiday off so I don't think I'll be taking any more....
    So from here on no days off

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel)
    I am not even studying for A-Levels, but I do not approve of people who have social lives when they should be studying.

100% TOTAL REVISION is what I expect from all students. Social life can wait until you're old.
    Yes Mr Gove. (Shame I don't care and sure many others don't )

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes, it depends. If you're knackered, then youre not going to take anything in so whats the point? You might as well chill for a bit so you're refreshed for tomorrow.
    And it always works for me, my grades are good

ReputationRep:
    Of course, kind of a given, due to my birthday being in the middle of exam season. And I did way better than my friends who are 'cleverer' than me, and who were unwilling to take a day off. ONE DAY.

ReputationRep:
    Hell no

What I do is two 12hour slots per day

Works well for me

Wanna fight about it? Naw, didn't think so.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, they're called weekends, I make sure to get 2 to 4 hours of studying in the weekend before an exam though.

ReputationRep:
    If I'm awake, I'm revising... but I'm pretty sure it's not working

ReputationRep:
    No but I have enough breaks to feel energized and motivated

ReputationRep:
    Not so much full days, if I believe I have worked particularly hard for a few days in a row I will allow myself a long break.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.