Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I hate the new Twitter for Blackberry app, how do I revert to an older version? Watch

ReputationRep:
    So I've got a Blackberry Curve and I use the Twitter app. Last night, I updated all the applications on my phone (including Twitter). I updated the Twitter application to version 4.0.0.17 however I strongly dislike this version for several reasons.

1. I'm unable to see my mentions and when I do, it's a couple of hours later.
    2. I'm unable to send direct messages
    3. When reading old tweets, the date is '55 days ago' instead of 'Jan 25th'. I know this isn't a big deal but it irks the hells out of me.

Is there any way of reverting back to the previous version of Twitter for Blackberry or am I just stuck with this one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kwaku_96)
    So I've got a Blackberry Curve and I use the Twitter app. Last night, I updated all the applications on my phone (including Twitter). I updated the Twitter application to version 4.0.0.17 however I strongly dislike this version for several reasons.

1. I'm unable to see my mentions and when I do, it's a couple of hours later.
    2. I'm unable to send direct messages
    3. When reading old tweets, the date is '55 days ago' instead of 'Jan 25th'. I know this isn't a big deal but it irks the hells out of me.

Is there any way of reverting back to the previous version of Twitter for Blackberry or am I just stuck with this one?
    Am I correct in thinking that Blackberrys are like iPhones in that you can only install apps through the dedicated app store?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    Am I correct in thinking that Blackberrys are like iPhones in that you can only install apps through the dedicated app store?
    I think so however I asked my friend and he said that I could download an older version on the app. I tried to find one but had no luck. I came on here to see any suggestions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kwaku_96)
    I think so however I asked my friend and he said that I could download an older version on the app. I tried to find one but had no luck. I came on here to see any suggestions.
    I don't think it would be possible, but Blackberry's aren't something I have much experience with on the technical side of things. If the only way of installing software is through their app marketplace, then you are only going to have the most recent build of the app available to you. If you have a back-up of your blackberry you can restore from or if apps can be saved on your PC (Again, I have no idea if Blackberrys do that), then you could restore those older builds. Otherwise I expect your out of luck :erm:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.