Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    In my opinion, this dress is different and I was wondering whether it would be suitable for prom, this year? I don't really like the 'stereotypical' chiffon dresses, I don't think they suit me well. (Although I have tried multiple on, just to make sure)
    Do you think this dress is too tight??
    Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks

Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1365863448.566046.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  75.8 KB

ReputationRep:
    It looks lovely on you, the colour's really nice

ReputationRep:
    It's stunning! although I don't know how I fell about the shoes

ReputationRep:
    Love it, I'd pick that over a big chiffon-y dress any way. Looks very mature and sophisticated.

ReputationRep:
    We don't have school proms in this country. You are not American.

For a ball however, it looks lovely.

ReputationRep:
    Really beautiful and elegant and I love the colour! And I don't think it's too tight at all just...maybe some different shoes?

ReputationRep:
    looks good

ReputationRep:
    Lovely, great colour.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah the shoes are just so I know what height I needed.
    What shoe type and colour does anyone recommend??
    Thank you for your comments, also this is the side view

Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1365866173.630723.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  71.8 KB

ReputationRep:
    Very nice! It's quite plain so perhaps funk it up with a chunky gold chain which is really 'in' right now.
    With regard to shoes, I'm actually not too sure, but i'd advise you not to show your shoes since the dress is quite delicate. Maybe some heels that only show when you walk but when you're standing are invisible?

ReputationRep:
    I think silver heels would look really good with the dress, possibly open toe? There's a lot of different styles on the Debenhams website if you want some ideas http://www.debenhams.com/women/shoes-boots/silver

And can I just say you have a gorgeous figure! I would love it if my body looked like yours

ReputationRep:
    I love it but the wedges don't quite go with it, maybe try nude heels?

ReputationRep:
    Nude heels are a great shout, thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.