Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm about to finish a Bsc in experimental Physics at York, and have successfully applied for an Msc in Civil Engineering at University College London. The way the degree works at UCL is that you do a 9 month course bringing you up to speed with engineering, then the 1 year Msc afterwards. This grants you a full msc and enables you to become chartered etc.

However my application was a little late as things go, and having only just received my offer I don't have any form of sponsorship or funding. Considering the degree starts in August, this is obviously something I really need to try to figure out asap. Those of you in the UK who have completed a postgrad course in engineering (or anything really), how did you fund it? What are some good companies to start looking into? If all else fails I might take out a further education loan but obviously that is something I want to avoid if possible.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.