Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I suffered with really bad spots and acne for five years, now my skin has cleared up thanks to panoxyl 2.5 but it has left loads of marks on my face like poc marks. I can't find any foundation or concealer that will cover them up and I've had them for a year as they won't go away. My GP is very unhelpful and shows little interest unless you're half dead... I don't want to try anymore products so I'm in search for any natural solutions or advice. Please recommend any natural remedies you know or make up!

ReputationRep:
    Bio oil - amazing, can buy from anywhere...boots, tescos etc
    Hemp seed oil from the body shop - actually 'meant' for your hands but it can go anywhere and did wonders for my skin.

Body shop also do a lot of GREAT serums such as nutriganic youth serum. The vitamin C range is also amazing for your skin.

As for make-up I think you're just going to have to shop around and find what works for you on a trial and error basis. Have you tried any of the more expensive brands? Like MAC, Clinque etc. They ARE expensive but the product are gorgeous.
    i'd primarily look for concealers rather than foundations. Concealers are designed to have a heavy coverage, and if you're unsure what you're looking for you may end wasting money on foundations that are only a light coverage - will definitely NOT cover your marks.
    The idea is to use a general foundation and then use the concealer on the marks so everything blends in properly and you don't have patches of different coloured skin on your face.

ReputationRep:
    I'm worried using another product with make it worse as I hve sensitive skin, do you know what bio oil actually does? Thank you very much for you advice, ill do some research into both nutriganic and bio oil!

ReputationRep:
    My GP has never offered any help in the acne scarring department

If your skin is pockmarked, I believe there is very little you can do about it. (If there is anyone who can prove me wrong, please do!) The only thing I have heard of is getting your skin injected with a small amount of filler which will puff up the skin and give it a smoother appearance. (This will only last for a few months.) Lasers will also help the actual texture of the skin. Both will be very expensive, I presume.

However, on the discoloration side, there is MUCH more you can do. I love Estee Lauder's Double Wear Maximum Cover foundation which is designed to cover things like surgical scars and varicose veins etc. You can also try various concealers alongside it. You can also use techniques when applying your makeup to make large pores/ small pock marks look smaller. It's hard to explain written down, but you can 'buff' the makeup into your skin and it will make your skin look smoother by filling in the holes.

Feel free to 'quote' me if you want any help on the makeup, I've been perfecting mine for a long time I've spent a small fortune in buying and trying products to cover my scars.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 14, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.