Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, i am a graduate from northern ireland, wishing to study a second undergraduate degree in speech therapy this year. I am a little confused about applying for student finance. As far as i am aware I get my fees paid for by the NHS and i get an NHS bursery. I think i have to wait a while to apply for this as its online but if someone could clarify this for me and knows of any forms i can fill in now for these that would be helpful?

Also, I am entitled to a means reduced loan and think i apply for this through student finance ni and not england but am unsure on this. I cant find which form it is to complete and don't know if i am a new student or a continuing student after having completed a degree before??

Help lol!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charlottelouisea)
    Hi, i am a graduate from northern ireland, wishing to study a second undergraduate degree in speech therapy this year. I am a little confused about applying for student finance. As far as i am aware I get my fees paid for by the NHS and i get an NHS bursery. I think i have to wait a while to apply for this as its online but if someone could clarify this for me and knows of any forms i can fill in now for these that would be helpful?

Also, I am entitled to a means reduced loan and think i apply for this through student finance ni and not england but am unsure on this. I cant find which form it is to complete and don't know if i am a new student or a continuing student after having completed a degree before??

Help lol!!
    As you're from NI you apply via Student Finance NI. You are a new student as you're on a new degree.

As for the NHS bursary... your university where you're holding an offer from will contact the NHS bursary people, who then send out a letter or an email to you containing how to apply for the NHS tuition fee's and bursary.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 14, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.