The Student Room Group

Primark overtime pay

Hi, I've just got a job at Primark in Cwmbran and was wondering.. If you do overtime on the 3rd and 4th week (4th week being the week you get paid) do you get the overtime money on that pay or next months pay?

Pls answer asap :smile::smile::smile::smile: thanks
Reply 1
It will more likely be on next months, not 100% sure though as it probably differs from place to place
Generic Answer ; what does it say in the employee handbook or the policy that covers submitting your timesheets etc ...

If anyone has worked at primark maybe they can answer ...
Reply 3
I don't have time sheets and it doesn't say in the handbook or anything :/
Original post by Stephanief
I don't have time sheets and it doesn't say in the handbook or anything :/

how are working hours recorded ? might sound like a stupid question but payroll need to know when people work extra hours / overtime and shifts which attract premium rates.

If it doesn't say in the employee handbook ask your section manager ( or whatever they are called with Primark) where the policy is - as there assuredly will be one in an organisation of that size
Reply 5
I'm not sure actually, I've not been told about recording hours or anything, my supervisor comes around on Fridays and writes down what overtime we do so maybe thats how payroll get there information, and they have our contracts for our normal hours so I think that how. Sound stupid I know but I'm too shy to ask then questions when it comes to money lol so anyone that knows pls tell me haga
Reply 6
I replied to you when you asked on another thread... You'd only get payed for the 3rd week. The cut off date is the Friday before pay day. So the 4th week you've done will be on next months pay check.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Ohhh so ill only get paid it for weeks 1,2 and 3? ..thankyou! Problem solved :smile: haha do you work for primark too?
Reply 8
Yeah you get payed every 4 weeks so it's just that last week of overtime you did would have been after the cut of date, depending on when pay day actually is and yeah I do :smile: The cut off date for this months pay was Friday just gone so pay day is next friday, I think... I'm not sure if all stores have the same pay day though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Aw it's good that we get 3 weeks worth of overtime on payday then not just 2 weeks! Thanks :smile:
Does primark pay ot straight into your bank account?
Original post by Mazeda123
Does primark pay ot straight into your bank account?

vast majority of employers in the UK , even very small firms, pay people they actually employ by BACS , the agencies offering to pay people on pre -paid cards do rather than helping people get a uk basic bank account ....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending