Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Im going to leeds college of art (i know this is leeds uni but i cant find it) this september to study graphic design, but I was wondering about accommodation. They suggest liberty park and carlton hill but i like the look of opal 3 as its closer, the rooms seem nicer, it has a free gym etc...
    However I can't find many reviews on it and I'm also concerned because its private i will be chucked in with anyone, because the course is intensive i don't want to be the only one in my flat struggling to get up each day!
    I was wondering if anyone was looking/has applied here and what courses they are doing? or if people that are currently there can you be put with people from the same college/univiersity?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, its a pain that there's no college of art forum!

Righty, i'm a first year student, just wrapping up my first year

I'm living in IQ, which is a 5 minute walk from LCA and its great, £100 a week, internet and all the other cool stuff here's the website - http://www.iq-student-accommodation....modation/leeds. I had the letter with a choice of Carlton hill or Liberty, liberty is good, its £115 a week so a little more expensive than IQ, and the rooms are a little bit bigger I chose against it as its a 40 minute-ish walk to LCA, and I enjoy getting up late and running for 3 minutes to uni haha! and the bathrooms are little pod things like in an aeroplane. So it depends on what your after
    Ive heard opal is good, bit more expensive and there's a gym but its not too close to LCA so depends on how far you want to walk everyday! although buses are usually only £1 which is good!
    My flatmate in IQ is a graphic design student, she has a new brief every week and is constantly working! So your gonna need somewhere you feel close to LCA for all the amenities and somewhere you have enough space and quiet to do your work happy
    If you want any more info ask

But its completely up to you There are flats directly opposite LCA, but i'm avoiding them as ive heard some stories! haha

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou so much! yeah opal 3 is around 15mins so not as bad as the 40! although the IQ one looks quite good because thats closer again, so will definitely check that out.

Did you find that because iQ is slightly further out it was a pain for going out at night and getting to leeds city centre etc?

Would you say the accommodation is quite lively? or quite?

thanks again, ill probably think of more questions!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.