Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I just want to do something to make my boyfriend realise I love him or to make myself a little more deserving of his love.

ReputationRep:
    I think the main problem here is your self-confidence - which you've realised already! The thing is, your boyfriend loves you, and he loves you for a reason. But you need to love yourself too, because you are deserving of that love. You're deserving of a positive perception of yourself within your own mind.

I'm not very good at giving advice on how to love yourself without sounding utterly ridiculous if I'm quite frank; however, I found this really good site that helped me to boost my confidence, and it may help you too. It's called rookiemag, and I found a lot of the articles on it very inspiring and relate-able. I found this one on confidence which may be useful to you, but there are plenty of others on the site that may be helpful as well

As for the girl he knows - well, if he liked her, he'd be with her right now instead of you. I'm not saying that it's not possible for things to not go wrong, but at the same time, I don't believe in putting the fear of god up people when it's not necessary. I think it's unlikely that he'd suddenly choose her over you for whatever reason, because he's with you right now. He loves you. But you need to know that you're deserving of your own love too, because that confidence will make you much more happy and secure in understanding that he loves you and isn't about to leave.

I know it's especially difficult when you're paranoid about another person you keep comparing yourself to, but eventually, with enough positive belief, you can be more secure and you won't need to worry about her, because there won't be any competition in your mind good luck!

ReputationRep:
    I'm a guy and I have similar insecurities and self confidence issues too.

I would suggest you talk to him about your feeling and your worries and he sounds like a great guy from everything you've said. It should be fine and he'll support you.

ReputationRep:
    Be happy. Some of us are not lucky enough to have a partner. :emo:

ReputationRep:
    Bless you darling, I completely understand the situation you're in. You just have to keep telling yourself that he chose you for a reason, nobody is "too good" for you and he loves you regardless of how much you feel he shouldn't! He's yours, and he loves you as much as you love him.

You don't need to prove your love to him, seriously!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 13, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.