Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So basically I've firmed Southampton for History and I only live a 20-30 minute train journey away from the uni but I still want to move out.

However I am keeping my job (at Tesco in the town where I live) which will be 8hrs/week purely because it pays well and I won't be able to live without it so I was wondering which are the best halls to be sort of in the middle of Avenue Campus and the station?

I know the bus pass and everything will help out but I sorta wanted to know which halls are the best for social life too and generally which are 'nicer' (to be vague)

PS. I'll be applying for Standard or Enhanced with washbasin

Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    The closest to Avenue Campus is Highfield halls. It's also fairly easy to get to the Southampton Central from there, just get the U1C from campus and it goes directly there. Don't know much about the social life there because I only visited once and very briefly.

Personally I think the best halls for social life are Connaught because it's fairly small and pretty much the entire halls eats together and has a very strong sense of community. It's also fairly easy to get Airport Parkway Station from there. However it's a bit of a trek from Avenue and it only has standard with/without a washbasin.

Hope that helps and feel free to ask any more questions

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.