The Student Room Group

Argument with boyfriend...

I'm really worried, me and my boyfriend just had a fairly big argument which is very rare for us. I'm worried that because he's going out tonight he'll go out angry at me and take his anger out on me by hurting me or something. I know he plans on drinking and I'm so scared he'll drink away feeling angry about our argument and cheat or something...

What do I do?
Reply 1
Just trust him. When you really love someone, you love them even when you're insanely pissed off at them. He might want to have a drink and a laugh to take his mind off the fight, but unless he's an enormous douche, I doubt he's going to try and hurt you.

Also sometimes when I'm not quite ready to apologise (which is a lot of the time, cos I really suck at saying sorry :tongue:) but want to diffuse the situation, I'll send a cute text saying something like "just so you know, I still love you even when I'm cross" and it usually makes us both feel better.
Reply 2
Original post by riotgrrl
Just trust him. When you really love someone, you love them even when you're insanely pissed off at them. He might want to have a drink and a laugh to take his mind off the fight, but unless he's an enormous douche, I doubt he's going to try and hurt you.

Also sometimes when I'm not quite ready to apologise (which is a lot of the time, cos I really suck at saying sorry :tongue:) but want to diffuse the situation, I'll send a cute text saying something like "just so you know, I still love you even when I'm cross" and it usually makes us both feel better.

I find it really hard to 100% trust people; I'm not sure if it's even that though, I'm just quite a paranoid person. I'm dreading him going so badly just because of the "what ifs".. sounds terrible doesn't it?

Thank you, I've just done that and I guess I feel a bit better, not sure if he's past the point of caring what I have to say to diffuse the situation though.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I find it really hard to 100% trust people; I'm not sure if it's even that though, I'm just quite a paranoid person. I'm dreading him going so badly just because of the "what ifs".. sounds terrible doesn't it?

Thank you, I've just done that and I guess I feel a bit better, not sure if he's past the point of caring what I have to say to diffuse the situation though.

Maybe you should do something fun yourself while he's out to take your mind off it? Even if you can't go out with your friends, paint your nails and watch a ****ty chick flick or something :tongue: I'm actually in a fight with my boyfriend right now and that's my plan xD
Reply 4
Maybe you should do something fun yourself while he's out to take your mind off it? Even if you can't go out with your friends, paint your nails and watch a ****ty chick flick or something :tongue: I'm actually in a fight with my boyfriend right now and that's my plan xD

Find it really hard to stop myself from thinking about arguments aha! Sounds like a good plan though, might just copy you.
Good plan :smile: Just relax, if he loves you then he wont do anything. Texting him is a good idea! Just remind him that you love him and that you hope hes safe tonight and maybe you can resolve it tomorrow?
Reply 6
Original post by CharlieEmma
Good plan :smile: Just relax, if he loves you then he wont do anything. Texting him is a good idea! Just remind him that you love him and that you hope hes safe tonight and maybe you can resolve it tomorrow?

Thanks a lot for the advice :smile:. I've been texting him despite tension just to make sure he's okay, made me feel a little better.

Thanks all x

Thats an awesome idea :smile:

Dont worry OP, he wont cheat no matter what, especially if he loves you.
Talk about what made you argue when you have both calmed down, it is normal for any couple to have an argument once in a while. What doesn't kill your relationship, will make a hell of a lot stronger.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending