Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys!

I have 2 R.S. exams coming up, Christianity Unit 1 on 17th May and Christianity: Ethics Unit 2 on 21st May.

I'm slightly concerned about this, as my class is very mixed abilities and we never do any work. I've got the student books, but those Nelson Thornes books aren't really helpful, they talk a load of rabble sometimes.

What can I do? I'm worried because I know that usually on each paper, out of a total of 72 raw marks each, the A* boundary is usually around 66 and in class I have been getting As consistently without revision. I feel that in the exam however, I'll panic and then not write to my best ability. I just need some revision tips and any help that anyone can provide. How hard are these papers for someone that is an A* student in most other subjects?

Thanks for your help guys, I really appreciate it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jay-Dee)
    Hi guys!

I have 2 R.S. exams coming up, Christianity Unit 1 on 17th May and Christianity: Ethics Unit 2 on 21st May.

I'm slightly concerned about this, as my class is very mixed abilities and we never do any work. I've got the student books, but those Nelson Thornes books aren't really helpful, they talk a load of rabble sometimes.

What can I do? I'm worried because I know that usually on each paper, out of a total of 72 raw marks each, the A* boundary is usually around 66 and in class I have been getting As consistently without revision. I feel that in the exam however, I'll panic and then not write to my best ability. I just need some revision tips and any help that anyone can provide. How hard are these papers for someone that is an A* student in most other subjects?

Thanks for your help guys, I really appreciate it.
    I have an religious studies exam on 13th May.
    I'm kind of worried too with the revision.
    what exam board are you with?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Armani786)
    I have an religious studies exam on 13th May.
    I'm kind of worried too with the revision.
    what exam board are you with?
    AQA religious studies A. I have so much to revise! I take it you're doing the short course then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jay-Dee)
    AQA religious studies A. I have so much to revise! I take it you're doing the short course then?
    yeah, i am but i'm with Edexcel.
    what to do is revise the main facts for each topic and then find mock/past papers online and practice them, thats what i'm going to do to after i've got the main facts in.
    Good luck!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.