The Student Room Group

fav alevel subject, why?

Scroll to see replies

It's not that they are tough. I get bored easily and I am still trying to find the optimum revison techniques for me. I've tried loads but none that actually keep me entertained.

Original post by study beats
what? so your underpeforming in all your subjects?.....it seems as if your finding them really tough....i have only been flopping physics though...
My favorite A-Levels? without a doubt mathematic and all sorts of natural sciences, but especially physics!
Reply 202
History! Absolutely fascinating and fun

Posted from TSR Mobile
My favourite was Chemistry, mainly because of the experiments with the mad looking apparatus!
Reply 204
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
My favourite was Chemistry, mainly because of the experiments with the mad looking apparatus!

This. That's why I'm taking it at uni :biggrin:.
History or biology, I love them both so can't decide :love:

They're just so so interesting :biggrin:
Posted from TSR Mobile
I would have to say biology:
This is because I find the content challenging but also really interesting at the same time because you can relate a lot of it to everyday life. Also my teachers use to pick on my a lot and talk down to me which encouraged me to really work to spite them:colone:
I have a place now to study Biomedical Science at university which I am looking forward to :biggrin:
Physics...our lessons are full of experiments. I don't think we've even once made notes.
One time we used a popcorn machine to mimic radioactive decay :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Gotta be Mathematics! Everything's just so logical and it's just awesome when you can do a 10 marker in M3!

Posted from TSR Mobile
English Literature, I quite like reading/analysing texts :yep:
Original post by Robbie242
The thing that annoys me most about A-levels is the markscheme culture, basically if its not on the markscheme, its not valuable? what kind of **** is that, that is the one thing I think they should change, be more open to other ideas than just what they decided to print one day. But the markschemes for maths are very accurate as there is one right answer, unlike explanatory subjects

hmm anyone for TSR Edexcel Hater society??
Reply 211
Original post by John Stuart Mill
hmm anyone for TSR Edexcel Hater society??

Haha I've changed my mind again though, they gave me an A for both of my history exams (including the retake) but yes revolt against Edexhell :biggrin:
Reply 212
Chemistry, I love the calculations and the experiments. We made Aspirin once :colone:
Reply 213
I honestly loved all my A2 subjects/ Spanish bc I love the language and we had a great teacher so classes were always fun. Religion because it was interesting/I love essay based subjects and geography because I loved the case studies and found it easy/a lot of it to be common sense.
Original post by x-Sophie-x
Physics...our lessons are full of experiments. I don't think we've even once made notes.
One time we used a popcorn machine to mimic radioactive decay :lol:

That sounds very funny :biggrin: I guess your teacher was very inventive, wasn't he? and what was his/her explanation in terms of a popcorn machine?
Original post by Kallisto
That sounds very funny :biggrin: I guess your teacher was very inventive, wasn't he? and what was his/her explanation in terms of a popcorn machine?

I know :biggrin: Haha yes, he's even patented this microwave invention thing :biggrin:

It was just to show the random nature of radioactive decay lol. Very educational :rolleyes: The best bit was eating the leftover popcorn :biggrin:

He's also made us this wooden board with a 'nucleus' and balls flying everywhere just so we could understand the Rutherford's scattering experiment :L And we did some electronic work to make a mini Geiger counter :lol: Plus some experiments with dry ice and we even went on the field so he could show us the explosion of his 'bomb'. And countless other little experiments, it's been a fun year xD

It's so sad he's leaving though :frown:
Physics
Maths

Don't have to raise a paw for those two subjects.:cool:
Out of Biology, Philosophy and Psychology, which is best?
Original post by Dualcore
This. That's why I'm taking it at uni :biggrin:.

Lol, I took it at Uni for that reason too! :biggrin:
Biology, because you can get away with revising the night before the exam, and still get an A.

Quick Reply

Latest