Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, I'm Kat
    I'm gonna (hopefully) be starting at Walsall Campus in September 2013, doing Childhood and Family Studies with Special Needs and Inclusion Studies
    Would be nice to get to know anyone who's gonna be going to Walsall Campus in September, no matter what course you're doing

ReputationRep:
    Helloo! I'm Emma I know obviously we already speak Kat, but thought should post for others
    I'm going to Walsall in September to do childhood studies, hopefully staying in student village xx

ReputationRep:
    I'll be studying at Walsall campus but living at Wolvo campus i'll be studying Sports Coaching

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by markhinch)
    I'll be studying at Walsall campus but living at Wolvo campus i'll be studying Sports Coaching
    Hi nice to meet you
    How come you're living on city campus but studying at walsall?

ReputationRep:
    Closer to girlfriend's and when i spoke to friends who were there, they recommended the city accomodation over walsall!

ReputationRep:
    Aw fair enough I personally really liked the ensuite accom at walsall

ReputationRep:
    Hey im thinking of applying to do the same course have you seen the accommodation ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katielee123)
    Hey im thinking of applying to do the same course have you seen the accommodation ?
    Hi did you mean the course I'm doing? childhood&family studies with SN&I studies?

Yeah I've seen the accom, ensuite is absolutely lovely, so clean and new looking and nice! I've got a room there, paid my deposit a couple weeks ago. Standard accom is like a prison, dirty, dingy, 10 people to 3 toilets, 1 bath and 1 shower, overcrowded kitchen and very tiny corridors to walk down, definitely go for en suite if you can

ReputationRep:
    heyy yeah the same course but unfortunately I won't be going here no more I already made my 5 choices and then changed my mind now i cant change it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kat_allen)
    Hi did you mean the course I'm doing? childhood&family studies with SN&I studies?

Yeah I've seen the accom, ensuite is absolutely lovely, so clean and new looking and nice! I've got a room there, paid my deposit a couple weeks ago. Standard accom is like a prison, dirty, dingy, 10 people to 3 toilets, 1 bath and 1 shower, overcrowded kitchen and very tiny corridors to walk down, definitely go for en suite if you can
    Hahaha! That's what I thought but unfortunately I'm a bit of a cheapskate and have no money!!!! Oh well!! When I went to the campus though the guy there lived in the standard and he said although it doesn't look very nice, if you're with friends it's great! So fingers crossed!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahp101)
    Hahaha! That's what I thought but unfortunately I'm a bit of a cheapskate and have no money!!!! Oh well!! When I went to the campus though the guy there lived in the standard and he said although it doesn't look very nice, if you're with friends it's great! So fingers crossed!!
    I'm sure it will be fine

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping to start in September at Walsall too, doing popular music I'm living at home though, I only live 2 bus rides away lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HeySamiSammm)
    I'm hoping to start in September at Walsall too, doing popular music I'm living at home though, I only live 2 bus rides away lol.
    Hi nice to meet you do you have the grades already or are you sitting exams atm?

ReputationRep:
    hey, im doing PGCE primary at Wolves uni Walsall campus, but wont be living in halls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saunders92)
    hey, im doing PGCE primary at Wolves uni Walsall campus, but wont be living in halls.
    How come you aren't living in halls? Are you local or are you staying in external accommodation?

ReputationRep:
    wish I was doing the pgce heard that the walsall campus was meant to be 1 of the best good luck ladies xx

ReputationRep:
    I'm originally from wolves, but moved away for 3 years whilst at university of Northampton. So now moving back in with my parents and travelling to walsall everyday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emma2508)
    Helloo! I'm Emma I know obviously we already speak Kat, but thought should post for others
    I'm going to Walsall in September to do childhood studies, hopefully staying in student village xx
    Hey i'm beth, I've applied to study Childhood studies aswell! and i've just paid for deposit to live in the student accommodation! xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bethyboo123)
    Hey i'm beth, I've applied to study Childhood studies aswell! and i've just paid for deposit to live in the student accommodation! xx
    Hi Beth me and Emma are both doing that course (though I'm doing special needs and inclusion studies too) which accommodation did you do- standard or ensuite?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm also starting a childhood studies course in September, staying in wolvo town centre accommodation

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.