Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Hi, I have been looking into the bursary for Health Professional Courses here in Northern Ireland. I'm a little confused as there is lots of information available for students in England who can receive an NHS bursary and even a calculator to estimate what support they receive. However here in the north we need to apply through the DHSSPS and more specifically through student finance ni. When I apply through SFNI there is a section that asks me about other support available and if i'm entitled to a NHS bursary and if its means tested. Other than that there is no mention of the bursary. My question is if there is anywhere I can get an estimate of the amount of financial support I'll receive through the DHSSPS and how do I go about applying for the bursary? Will the college or SFNI send out an application form automatically?

    Thanks for taking the time to read this and any insight would be appreciated. I have an offer for Occupational Therapy if that makes any difference.
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.