Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am starting to go to open days for university and have found that for the course i want to do (creative and expressive therapies) i need to make a art portfolio of 10 pieces and a good sketch book
    If anyone has every done this before, what exactly do they expect from the portfolio and sketch book? does the sketch book have to lead somewhere or can it be an accumulation of ideas and then maybe one of the 10 pieces is a result of then ideas? do they look for more traditional art or do they like to see abit of everything?
    Would be great to get answers to these as i am feeling very overwhelmed by the whole university thing
    Thank you
    Emily

ReputationRep:
    When I went for my interview I took a selection of different pieces. They don't require one thing, they want to see what you can do. I suggest taking at least one piece that you have composed yourself and you are comfortable talking about it, as at mine they asked me to talk through all of my work, but go into more detail about one piece of work, explain what you have done and why. (One girl who did more sculptural work took good quality photos to show, instead of taking it all in.)
    I was really quite stressed a few days before my interview, but don't worry about it! Everything went fine! Just be yourself, relax, and enjoy it!
    Which university is it that you've got a interview for?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.