Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    my fav character- fred and george

fav book - 4book amazing!!!!

Remus Lupin
    Prisoner of Azkaban (although my fav film is probably Order of the Pheonix)

ReputationRep:
    I feel like the Wizarding world of Harry Potter hasn't been explored enough. There are plenty of aspects to look from.. not just Hogwarts. For example a book3movie about an auror, or something to do with the ministry itself.

I really hope this world isn't just abandoned,:/

ReputationRep:
    I love tonks!!! + fred and george

book 4 amaze

ReputationRep:
    The Order of the Phoenix is my favourite book, Sirius/Lupin are my favourite characters

ReputationRep:
    The Goblet of Fire is my favourite one of the series. Favourite character has to go to the amazing Sirius Black - like the Sirius Star System that lights up the sky

ReputationRep:
    PoA was definitely the best book For favourite characters I'm torn between Snape and Hermione, gotta love the bookworms

ReputationRep:
    Deathly hallows was the best book, simply because it tied it all up.

Favorite character: Mad eye Moody

ReputationRep:
    Order of the phoenix is my favorite book and my favorite character is probably Hermione, but is was a close call between a few others :P.

ReputationRep:
    Goblet of Fire was amazing!
    I loved Fred and George too but special mention to Dumbledore- perfect mix of Santa, Gandalf and awesomeness.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Order of the Phoenix was best.

My favourite character is Luna Lovegood - she's basically me personified.

ReputationRep:
    My favourite character is either Hermione or Luna
    As for favourite book, I didn't think I have one, but my copy of PoA is pretty worn out!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My favourite character from the books is Colin Creevey. If you think about it, he is us. The overly obsessed fan who is in awe of their hero. Colin, who embraces the Wizarding World with all the joy and excitement that Hermione ignores in favour of Logic and Knowledge. Colin would have grown up, like we did, with stories of Hero's and Fantasy worlds. Good and Evil. He is a child of the Star Trek era, of the rise Fandoms and other geeky stuff. He would have seen the Wizarding world as this mythical universe, where he actually knows the hero, and while there is evil, the Good is so amazing that you can't help but fight for it. He joined the DA, despite probably being on the run in DH he came back when the galleon burned, he gave everything and paid the ultimate price. Colin is my favourite character because of that.

Oh, and as for favourite books, I love DH purely because of the wealth of fanfiction avenues it opens up. POA is the best based on the actual book, not the behind the scenes stuff.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I am struggling over a favourite character. I have always liked Lupin, for reasons that I can't really fathom. He's strikes me as a really upstanding guy, strong, brave, tough ... but haunted by his condition. There's something very intriguing about the darkness that lurks inside him. Snape is brilliant, not for his courage or love, but because of his mannerisms. I love his sarcasm.

Hermione is also great because of how bookish she is. She is a voice of calm and reason, with solutions that usually revolve around the library, and her work ethic is unparalleled. All in all, I respect her greatly. Being played by Emma Watson probably helps ...

Overall, it's really hard to say. I hate some of the usual favourites like Sirius and Dumbledore. They're well written characters, I just don't like them for one reason or another. I would have liked to have seen more of Kingsley and Mad-Eye. I really like Harry because of how selfless he is. That part when he chooses to bury Dobby by hand always gets to me.

But my favourite is probably Arthur Weasley: he always makes me smile because there is something unashamedly good about the man. It's not just the interactions with Molly and the rest of the family or his endearing interest in muggles, it's more that he respects muggles. He has a line in one of the later books (5 I think, when Harry goes for his hearing) when he talks about muggle-baiting and how he believes it to be symptomatic of something much more sinister in the wizarding community. I think that speaks volumes about his character ... you can tell a lot about people by how they treat their inferiors. To me, he is a father caught up in a terrible conflict, trying desperately to be a voice of justice and morality to his family. He never gives up his principles, and always fights the good fight.

Favourite book is probably PoA, though HBP and DH are also up there.

ReputationRep:
    Neville Longbottom-gotta love the little misfit who grew up to be somewhat of a hero!! (i also love that he and harry were both born at the end of july and so he could have easily been dead from the beginning)
    Order of the Pheonix

ReputationRep:
    My favourite characters are Fred and George.

My favourite book is the Prisoner of Azkaban.

ReputationRep:
    My favourite character is probably either Luna or neville!

And favourite book would have to be Order of the Phoenix. I don't really know why, i might just find it so charming how it gives so much insight into hogwarts life - it's my go-to book when i want to reread them again, so much so that the cover and spine is barely still attached

ReputationRep:
    My favourite book is Order of the Phoenix as there is lots of back story to the characters and an epic duel between Dumbledore and Voldemort.

My favourite character is Bellatrix. Helena Bonham Carter portrays her so well in the films.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My favourite characters are Bellatrix and Snape, they are both awesome and Snape is especially clever.

Favourite book is Chamber of Secrets I loved the basilisk, and it was the first film I saw (from the Harry Potter series)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellie_Rosa)
    My favourite characters are Bellatrix and Snape, they are both awesome
    YES! Snape is easily my second favourite.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.