The Student Room Group

Did I choose the right A - Level subjects?

I am currently Studying AS Graphic Communication, Business Studies and ICT (Plus General studies :L). My aspiration is to study either Business Administration, Business Management or Marketing at a University preferably in Australia. I recently discovered some of my A-level's are considered 'soft' and can hinder my chances of getting into a somewhat highly regard University. I was wondering what you guys thought and what I could do to improve my chances of getting into a fairly top university like University of Queensland or Melbourne. I was thinking of dropping one of my 'softer' A levels and taking a different A - Level after this year, of course this would mean I would have to stay on a year later. Could you guys recommend an A - Level subject which isnt considered soft?

Thanks, Adam.
Original post by adamallard
I am currently Studying AS Graphic Communication, Business Studies and ICT (Plus General studies :L). My aspiration is to study either Business Administration, Business Management or Marketing at a University preferably in Australia. I recently discovered some of my A-level's are considered 'soft' and can hinder my chances of getting into a somewhat highly regard University. I was wondering what you guys thought and what I could do to improve my chances of getting into a fairly top university like University of Queensland or Melbourne. I was thinking of dropping one of my 'softer' A levels and taking a different A - Level after this year, of course this would mean I would have to stay on a year later. Could you guys recommend an A - Level subject which isnt considered soft?

Thanks, Adam.

First off, email the universities you're thinking of attending. See what they say, get relevant work experience. This will help show your enthusiasm and determination even if your subjects are soft.

And as to recommend a hard subject, how about economics? Fits in well with what you're considering doing. Or how about a science, maths or even geography?

Quick Reply

Latest