Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm really struggling to find how i should reference a graph i found on a website?

Would it make any difference if the graph is from www.x.com (for example) but on the graph is say's the source is ONS (Office for National Statistics)

The graph is in the report, so i have to write a reference under the graph where i have used it right? What would in include in that?

Im so stuck ): Anyone help?
    Would be much appreciated

ReputationRep:
    Secondary referencing (authors quoting other authors)
    Sometimes you may want to reference an author who is citing another
    information source that you haven’t seen. You need to make it clear that you
    have not seen the original source yourself.
    Within your text, you cite the original author, followed by the author of the
    secondary source.
    Example:
    “It will not require violence to succeed, and it cannot be successfully resisted
    by violence” (Reich 1971, in Singer 1997, p.90).
    In your reference list at the end, you list the book you actually saw:
    Singer, P. (1997) How are we to live? Oxford: Oxford University Press.

ReputationRep:
    Im still so confused ):

I have read looked in lots of different online guides, and they seem to say different things.
    My problem is, the graph is from a website, the person who made the graph for the information from ONS
    Someone please help? What's the best way to go around this?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.