Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have been lucky enough to gain a place at the National Youth Theatre of Great Britain this year, to do Stage Management, however the course is incredibly expensive!

Does anyone have any ideas of grants or funding that I can apply for to help with this?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CottonBeth)
    I have been lucky enough to gain a place at the National Youth Theatre of Great Britain this year, to do Stage Management, however the course is incredibly expensive!

Does anyone have any ideas of grants or funding that I can apply for to help with this?

Thanks!
    I don't know how old you are but if you are still in school you could ask them for funding or local businesses and your local council.

I'm on the acting course at Trinity Laban - is yours at the same place?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chriscombemale)
    I don't know how old you are but if you are still in school you could ask them for funding or local businesses and your local council.

I'm on the acting course at Trinity Laban - is yours at the same place?
    I'm at college, and they have offered me some funding which is great! I have also sent off a load of letters to charities who give funding, so I am waiting to see what they say, but thanks for your ideas!

I'm on the Technical Theatre course doing Stage Management, but I'm not sure where it is

ReputationRep:
    I think I've spoken to you on Twitter before...glad your college gave you some funding!

ReputationRep:
    Ahh, probably :P Did you say you were doing the acting course? Well done for getting, in, I applied for that last year before I found that I loved techincal theatre more! I have friends who went last year, you're going to have a fantastic time!

ReputationRep:
    Ahh, probably :P Did you say you were doing the acting course? Well done for getting, in, I applied for that last year before I found that I loved techincal theatre more! I have friends who went last year, you're going to have a fantastic time!
    Nah, I'm stage management!

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah :P Sorry, I didn't realise that there was more than one person replying to this thread, I'm new to this! :P Yeah, I have talked to you on twitter, you looking forwards to the course?

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah :P Sorry, I didn't realise that there was more than one person replying to this thread, I'm new to this! :P Yeah, I have talked to you on twitter, you looking forwards to the course?
    Haha don't worry! Yeah, I can't wait to see what they've got in store for us, don't think we find that out until the first day of the course though, that's what happened last year.

Quick question: do you think we'll need to bring our own crockery and cutlery and stuff?

ReputationRep:
    I'm really looking forward to it! I have heard that it is supposed to be a good year this year, they seem to have a lot of exciting stuff in store for us!

Urrmm, I'm not sure about the crockery etc, but I wouldn't have thought so, hopefully as we are staying in halls, there will be some there. You could always send an email to them to check, just in case :P

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.