Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How many friends do you actually regularly text? Watch

ReputationRep:
    How many people do you consider friends, who you can text any time, about anything. In a world in which most people have well over 200 facebook friends, the actualy number of people we actually text, in my opinion is very small.

I would say I can text 3 people whenever I want, and about a circle of 12 people I can text, if I something specific to tell them. I.e where to meet, what the work was, etc

Do we actually need unlimited text??

Secondly... who calls people anymore?!

ReputationRep:
    I have around 7 people I can generally talk to via messaging (some aren't strictly text, like WhatsApp, BBM, Twitter DM's, e-mails, facebook chat etc, all on my phone though!)

I'd say I really regularly talk to about 2 of them, used to talk to 1 of them a lot more but stopped because we probably talked about everything there is to talk about.

I never call people in general, only if I'm meeting someone and I want to know where they are.

ReputationRep:
    I don't have a phone, so...

ReputationRep:
    I regularly text around 9 people, but I make a genuine effort with three; we're all pretty close. :yep:
    But I absolutely hate calls. I'm so awkward over the phone, for some reason.

ReputationRep:
    Text around 5 people regularly but only 2 constantly.

Don't like calling people, I don't know why though :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    I only text my boyfriend and maybe one or two friends even though I have free messages. But WhatsApp is quicker so that's what I use to contact my friends. I probably use it to talk with 4-5 friends, but I have loads of conversations started with people I talk to more or less often. I also use it to text my family.

As for facebook, I have 207 friends and I regularly talk with 7/8 people. It depends though, sometimes I speak more often to certain friends and two months later it could be different people.

ReputationRep:
    On an average day I text nobody and call nobody With the amount of people everyone else seems to text, you are making me feel very unpopular On a good day, I text about two people. And I call people too.

ReputationRep:
    I have four friends that I text whenever, and there's a couple more people that I'll fb occasionally.
    I never ever ring people on my mobile phone, but about once a week I'll ring a friend for a long chat on the home phone.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I regularly watsapp 2 people, though depending on the group it can easily be 10. However, I have three friends who I can contact anytime.

I only ever call when I'm meeting someone or if I want to talk about a mentally stimulating topic (which is usually a weekly occurence).

ReputationRep:
    If we don't count female friends that we would/could/have boinked (hence not strictly friends), then 0, otherwise, a few
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    There're two I speak to very regularly via text, and four or five that I text when bored. Other than that I just text people for information or something specific. In general I hate phone calls as I feel really uncomfortable, so I only use phone calls for something official (job/customer service etc.) or to speak to my closest friend (one of the two I text regularly) as we go to universities relatively far apart and it would take too long to text everything.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.