Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How many friends do you actually regularly text? watch

ReputationRep:
    In a world of facebook friends, it is easy to forget who are real friends are. In all honesty, I have about 3 people I can text regularly and about pretty much anything/nothing. And I have a wider circle of about 20 people, who I can text about more specific things, but I do normally have to have a good reason to be texting them, for fear of feeling like I'm bugging them.

This is quite a low number I suspect..

How many texts do you use up? Do we actually need unlimited texts??

ReputationRep:
    I don't really text my friends, unless it's a joke or something relevant. I mostly call them before going out, or we meet up in a certain place. If I texted them on top of that then that would come across weird lol

ReputationRep:
    0 don't have many friends

ReputationRep:
    Definitely 3 Regulars...

I definitely need unlimited the way I text

Then I have a bigger group of people I don't always talk to, but when I do we talk loads...

Then there's the once in a bluemoon I talk to and then we talk for a while...

But yeah, it's because I live so far away from everyone

ReputationRep:
    You don't need friends when you are as awesome as i am!

But on a serious note, i text no-one not even my own mother currently because it is EXAM SEASON!

ReputationRep:
    I hardly ever text and I can never be arsed. Saying that i'm paying £37 for a contract with unlimited texts which I never use hahaha

ReputationRep:
    I'd say there are 5-6 people I text everyday, and then 5-10 others that I text regularly but less frequently than the others. Although I do have unlimited texts, I mostly use whatsapp/facebook on my phone to talk to them, for the convenience really, and you can send pictures on whatsapp and facebook for free so it's just easier
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    I don't text friends. I should say rarely text friends.

ReputationRep:
    0, I dont know why I bother actually having a contract phone in all honesty.

None.
    I don't have any friends that like me enough to text to me

ReputationRep:
    Don't even use my phone for anything else much other then family and work, and whats the point in wasting credit when I can just facebook them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robbie242)
    Don't even use my phone for anything else much other then family and work, and whats the point in wasting credit when I can just facebook them?
    Facebook is ****

Hence contracts and texts and whatsapp and kik etc.

ReputationRep:
    Facebook chat all the way!

ReputationRep:
    About 3 regulars , I agree with OP you can have those friends who your fine with talking in person but its just sort of awkward texting them .

Then you have the reaaal friends who you text about absolutely everything and are the first you let know about significant things / changes going on in your life .

I like to call it the facebook philosophy , you can be the most popular person with 800+ friends on facebook , but who do you actually speak to on a regular basis ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    Facebook is ****

Hence contracts and texts and whatsapp and kik etc.
    Why is facebook bad? it gets the job done :P?

ReputationRep:
    0, i aint wasting my credit lol, get on facebook or gtfo

ReputationRep:
    I have one friend who I text on a regular basis. And then I have about two more who I text to talk about homework and stuff. I find it a bit pointless to text people non-stop when you just see them at school the next day anyway.

ReputationRep:
    1-2 people i text everyday.
    everyone else i either text when i'm really bored, or when we're getting everyone together so we need to sort out details.

ReputationRep:
    1 or 2 but that's only when i have texts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robbie242)
    Why is facebook bad? it gets the job done :P?
    It's terrible just is

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 14, 2013
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.