The Student Room Group

How many friends do you actually regularly text?

In a world of facebook friends, it is easy to forget who are real friends are. In all honesty, I have about 3 people I can text regularly and about pretty much anything/nothing. And I have a wider circle of about 20 people, who I can text about more specific things, but I do normally have to have a good reason to be texting them, for fear of feeling like I'm bugging them.

This is quite a low number I suspect..

How many texts do you use up? Do we actually need unlimited texts??

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I don't really text my friends, unless it's a joke or something relevant. I mostly call them before going out, or we meet up in a certain place. If I texted them on top of that then that would come across weird lol
Reply 2
0 :biggrin: don't have many friends :frown:
Definitely 3 Regulars...

I definitely need unlimited the way I text :redface:

Then I have a bigger group of people I don't always talk to, but when I do we talk loads...

Then there's the once in a bluemoon I talk to and then we talk for a while...

But yeah, it's because I live so far away from everyone :colonhash:
Reply 4
You don't need friends when you are as awesome as i am!

But on a serious note, i text no-one not even my own mother currently because it is EXAM SEASON!
Reply 5
I hardly ever text and I can never be arsed. Saying that i'm paying £37 for a contract with unlimited texts which I never use hahaha
Reply 6
I'd say there are 5-6 people I text everyday, and then 5-10 others that I text regularly but less frequently than the others. Although I do have unlimited texts, I mostly use whatsapp/facebook on my phone to talk to them, for the convenience really, and you can send pictures on whatsapp and facebook for free so it's just easier :smile:
I don't text friends. I should say rarely text friends.
Reply 8
0, I dont know why I bother actually having a contract phone in all honesty.
None.
I don't have any friends that like me enough to text to me :s-smilie:
Reply 10
Don't even use my phone for anything else much other then family and work, and whats the point in wasting credit when I can just facebook them?
Original post by Robbie242
Don't even use my phone for anything else much other then family and work, and whats the point in wasting credit when I can just facebook them?

Facebook is **** :tongue:

Hence contracts and texts and whatsapp and kik :biggrin: etc.
Facebook chat all the way!
About 3 regulars , I agree with OP you can have those friends who your fine with talking in person but its just sort of awkward texting them .

Then you have the reaaal friends who you text about absolutely everything and are the first you let know about significant things / changes going on in your life .

I like to call it the facebook philosophy , you can be the most popular person with 800+ friends on facebook , but who do you actually speak to on a regular basis ?
Reply 14
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Facebook is **** :tongue:

Hence contracts and texts and whatsapp and kik :biggrin: etc.

Why is facebook bad? it gets the job done :P?
Reply 15
0, i aint wasting my credit lol, get on facebook or gtfo
Reply 16
I have one friend who I text on a regular basis. And then I have about two more who I text to talk about homework and stuff. I find it a bit pointless to text people non-stop when you just see them at school the next day anyway.
Reply 17
1-2 people i text everyday.
everyone else i either text when i'm really bored, or when we're getting everyone together so we need to sort out details.
1 or 2 but that's only when i have texts.
Original post by Robbie242
Why is facebook bad? it gets the job done :P?

It's terrible :colone: just is

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending