Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter


    Wondering if anyone could help. Having unexpectedly landed my self a one year placement I'm in limbo over whether or not I'll be exempt from council tax.

    I'm going to have to deffer my final year of study so I can take up the year long placement (which will ironically mean I'm going to be employed by my university) and was wondering if I'll have a council tax bill slammed in my face. I'll be sharing a house with other uni students (which apparently means 25% off woopdeedoo). I've looked around and found mixed answers. I've emailed my uni, but they're yet to get back to me.

    The placement is well payed - and something I'm not prepared to throw away because of a tax, but I'm hoping the council tax bill won't be too massive if I have to foot it.

    Any advice would be great!

    Is it part of your course (sandwich course)? If it isn't, then you are effectively taking a gap year and I assume you would be liable for council tax (75%).

    This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

    If it's a part of your course then you should be exempt
How are you feeling about your exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.