Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Stone Sour are quickly becoming one my favourite bands - I haven't heard their first album, but I love 'Come What(ever) May' and 'Audio Secrecy', and their new double concept album, The House of Gold and Bones, has completely blown me away (especially when I found out that the CD cases slotted together to make the house!).

I also really like Corey Taylor, I think he's an exceptional lyricist and also generally a really inspirational person. I think it's because he's lived through so much pain and anguish that you can feel the sincerity in the lyrics he writes.

So, any fans of Stone Sour here? It'd be great to hear your opinions.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't tried listening to them, but Slipknot is my absolute all-time favourite band. I'm not sure how Corey's style changes, but I worship the man and his voice. I'll give it a try.

ReputationRep:

One of my favourite Stone Sour songs.

ReputationRep:
    Geezaz, he looks weird with long hair. Sick track though.

ReputationRep:
    I love Stone Sour! I saw them live in 2010 with Avenged Sevenfold and it was one of my favourite gigs ever. I've not really listened to the new album though.

ReputationRep:
    LOVE Stone Sour - saw them twice - once with Avenged Sevenfold and then with Papa Roach Through glass has got to be the best

ReputationRep:
    Corey Taylor is a hero if any he has been on shows to about his alcoholism and helping people push it away walks through the crowed and sits and has a beer with them at festivals, he is a very good man stone sour is a very good band but slipknot O.o your not gonna beat that in a hurry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rapunzel100)
    LOVE Stone Sour - saw them twice - once with Avenged Sevenfold and then with Papa Roach Through glass has got to be the best
    I saw them with Avenged Sevenfold too ^_^ This wasn't at the NIA was it?

ReputationRep:
    Love Stone Sour!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anime Lover)
    I saw them with Avenged Sevenfold too ^_^ This wasn't at the NIA was it?
    No it was in London at Hammersmith I'm sure they were amazing both times though!

ReputationRep:
    No it was in London at Hammersmith I'm sure they were amazing both times though!
    Ohh fair enough XD They were great but A7x are my favourites :3

ReputationRep:
    Ohh fair enough XD They were great but A7x are my favourites :3
    I definitely agree with that They've been my favourite band for years and I'm sure it'll remain that way! I've seen them a few times now and am eagerly awaiting the next album

ReputationRep:
    I definitely agree with that They've been my favourite band for years and I'm sure it'll remain that way! I've seen them a few times now and am eagerly awaiting the next album
    Yay someone else who loves them! I've only seen them once but I'm determined to see them again, I hope they do a UK tour in the next year or two! I'm so excited for their album ^_^

ReputationRep:
    Yay someone else who loves them! I've only seen them once but I'm determined to see them again, I hope they do a UK tour in the next year or two! I'm so excited for their album ^_^
    No-one ever understands my love for them so I'm glad you do! I had the amazing honour of seeing them when The Rev was still alive and it was incredible! I know! They always seem to be touring America and never here

ReputationRep:
    No-one ever understands my love for them so I'm glad you do! I had the amazing honour of seeing them when The Rev was still alive and it was incredible! I know! They always seem to be touring America and never here
    A few of my friends appreciate them but I'm obsessed and I don't come across people that like them this much too often Omg really?!! :eek: I'm so jealous, I cried for about 2 weeks after he died, and when I saw them with Stone Sour and they sung So Far Away I burst into tears Yeah I know, I read in Kerrang! that they hated England though!

ReputationRep:
    A few of my friends appreciate them but I'm obsessed and I don't come across people that like them this much too often Omg really?!! :eek: I'm so jealous, I cried for about 2 weeks after he died, and when I saw them with Stone Sour and they sung So Far Away I burst into tears Yeah I know, I read in Kerrang! that they hated England though!
    Ah well most of my friends just get frustrated at my obsession! So did I! People normally cringe when I tell them that so it's nice to see someone else who's similar They shouldn't, they have so many fans here!

ReputationRep:

Just thought I'd share this - it's one of my favourite things about the two new albums!

ReputationRep:
    Ah well most of my friends just get frustrated at my obsession! So did I! People normally cringe when I tell them that so it's nice to see someone else who's similar They shouldn't, they have so many fans here!
    Aww, well they're awesome so you are allowed to obsess over them! XD Yeah it sounds really stupid but everyone else is wrong, we're right on this I know but they said they always felt miserable when they came to England

ReputationRep:
    So what's anyone's favourite Stone Sour album? I love Come What(ever) May, Audio Secrecy and both the House of Gold and Bones albums, so it's really hard to decide!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 4, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.