Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Going to UNI in October (hopefully) and I find that being on a PAYG phone is costing me way too much money, have to top up £10 a week just to text and call my mates.

Can anyone recommend a good contract phone which has a lot of texts, minutes and internet for under £20 a month?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SimpleTom)
    Going to UNI in October (hopefully) and I find that being on a PAYG phone is costing me way too much money, have to top up £10 a week just to text and call my mates.

Can anyone recommend a good contract phone which has a lot of texts, minutes and internet for under £20 a month?
    £10 a week!!!!!

Few questions

-What type of phone do you want?
    -Would you be happy sticking with your current phone?
    -What do you want to do with your phone?
    -How many minutes/texts/data do you think you will use in 1 month?
    -What is the maximum you would be willing to pay upfront?
    -What network do you use now/want to use/avoid?
    -Anything else you want out of the phone/tariff?

ReputationRep:
    What network are you on?? I'm on O2 and they have offers for PAYG customers who are switching to a contract - not top range phones, but they are pretty good deals.

Also, £10 A WEEK :eek: - woah, I though £23.50 a month was steep - and I have like 1.5 gb of internet o.o

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sum Gai)
    £10 a week!!!!!

Few questions

-What type of phone do you want?
    -Would you be happy sticking with your current phone?
    -What do you want to do with your phone?
    -How many minutes/texts/data do you think you will use in 1 month?
    -What is the maximum you would be willing to pay upfront?
    -What network do you use now/want to use/avoid?
    -Anything else you want out of the phone/tariff?
    I want a new phone, currently stuck with a Samsung Soul

Unlimited texts would be nice, maybe 300 minutes for calls, data - 1GB as most will be used with WIFI. Maximum upfront - £80, have no preference in terms of the network, they just have to work up in York :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosasaurr)
    What network are you on?? I'm on O2 and they have offers for PAYG customers who are switching to a contract - not top range phones, but they are pretty good deals.

Also, £10 A WEEK :eek: - woah, I though £23.50 a month was steep - and I have like 1.5 gb of internet o.o
    I am on Vodafone, I think my texts are about 30p each, my price plan is pre-historic haha

ReputationRep:
    I think anything works in York :P but woaaaah 30p for a text - like, you'd pay that sending a text from America or something.

Um, I'd go for a mid-range android or something - just go on carphone warehouse and set what you want and see what comes up. Would definitely recommend a HTC because I think they're really fun phones to use, and not only look nice but feel nice - like samsungs can feel a bit plastic-y but HTCs tend to be metal.

ReputationRep:
    If you're looking for a high end phone on a budget then the best one to get would be the Sony Xperia T from Three.

300 Min/5000 texts/Unlimited internet - £18pm (24 month contract = £432)
    Free Xperia T
    http://www.buymobilephones.net/mobil...dee5356a34e1f7

What i suggest you do is go to a physical store and try out the phone before you buy it. It's leagues ahead of your current phone and a very good phone. Also do a coverage check of your postcode from the Three website to see what type of signal you get from them before buying. You can transfer your number over to them as well as all data from your current phone.

- 4.5Inch 720p LCD Screen
    - 13mp camera
    - Fast dual core processor
    - Ultrafast internet speeds
    - Android

It's the best deal i can find with a good mid-high end phone and low monthly cost.

ReputationRep:
    Nokia 3510I as a drunk phone for Uni. Its indestructible and so many people strike up conversation after seeing it

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.