The Student Room Group
On campus building at University of South Wales
University of South Wales

University Of South Wales students 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by uniluke
In Caerleon each floor/flat has a toaster and kettle. But people always bring their own so they can use them in their room even though you're technically not allowed to. Think it's to do with the fire alarms.

Ah right, thank you!
On campus building at University of South Wales
University of South Wales
Original post by sandsphin
i have yet to find anyone else online who is studying the same course as me which is worrying, i guess it adds to the excitement of meeting them on our first day :smile: apparently, our first night we have a popcorn night which USWSU described 'it will be raining popcorn'??? sounds interesting.

I was not aware of this popcorn night - sounds fantastic! (Good luck with finding course buddies! I'm still looking for people in the same accommodation block - nothing yet).
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 362
Original post by Heyitspaxo
And sombreros! Fancy coming to mine and making fajitas or something beforehand??

-gasp-

Yes. Done. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Freglin
-gasp-

Yes. Done. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aha! See if we can get another couple of peeps together closer to the time too :')
Hello, I will be studying LLB Law at the Treforest Campus but I will be living in Liberty Park (to be confirmed Thursday). Is anyone either living at Liberty Park or studying Law :smile:?
Original post by RosaGPhotography
I was not aware of this popcorn night - sounds fantastic! (Good luck with finding course buddies! I'm still looking for people in the same accommodation block - nothing yet).

Which accomodation block are you in (:
Original post by BaconThomas
Which accomodation block are you in (:

Hey there :smile:

I'm in Llantarnum.
Reply 367
Hello 😃

Anyone on here doing their 1st year social work degree at caerleon campus starting sept? Dying to know who got on xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 368
Original post by Joanna85
Hello 😃

Anyone on here doing their 1st year social work degree at caerleon campus starting sept? Dying to know who got on xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry, not on that course, but I will be at caerleon :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys, I've just got a quick question about one of the things we have to get for the course. The flash gun?

Is this a flash gun: my32qeXQ8uhuw71tno7fbkA.jpg or is this a flash gun: mlQezegWa1dUqOsc3qxXo-A.jpgor are they both the same?

Because when you type 'flash gun' into google, it comes up with the 2nd one, but when i went to order one from 7dayshop.com it came up with the 1st one. Any ideas? :smile:
Hey everyone,

I'm staying on Caerleon Campus an En-Suite room & got a place to do Photography for Fashion & Advertising.
Is anyone else staying on Campus or doing Photography :colondollar:
Original post by ReneeLouise
Hey everyone,

I'm staying on Caerleon Campus an En-Suite room & got a place to do Photography for Fashion & Advertising.
Is anyone else staying on Campus or doing Photography :colondollar:

Hey there! I'm in the en-suite caerleon campus too! And doing the same photography course. Looking forward to seeing you there! :biggrin:

Which block will you be in?
Hey there! I'm in the en-suite caerleon campus too! And doing the same photography course. Looking forward to seeing you there! :biggrin:

Which block will you be in?

yaay :smile: glad i've found someone doing the same thing & I'm in Newport block what block you in? x
yaay :smile: glad i've found someone doing the same thing & I'm in Newport block what block you in? x

Yay!

Im in Llantarnum :P

Freglin & Heyitspaxo in this thread are also on the same course :smile:
Yay!

Im in Llantarnum :P

Freglin & Heyitspaxo in this thread are also on the same course :smile:

I think mines block N & woo more people xD
Where abouts are you coming from if you don't mind me asking? :smile:
I think mines block N & woo more people xD
Where abouts are you coming from if you don't mind me asking? :smile:

Ah right, and yeah, its great!

I'm coming from Bristol (so not that far). You? :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Ah rightsh

i have like a 4 hour drive from Manchester :smile:
i have like a 4 hour drive from Manchester :smile:

Ouch! Wow. I guess the train fairs must be pretty expensive for getting back (holiday wise)?
Ouch! Wow. I guess the train fairs must be pretty expensive for getting back (holiday wise)?

For us students yes lol. Fares range from around £22 - £60 or more even I think it depends if I book the tickets online & when I want them for etc.

My camera broke aswel need to get a new one before term starts any reccomendations? I was thinking a Canon 5 Mark III but they're so expensive :smile:
Yeah, I suppose the student budget for tickets gets a bit tight when your running on £11 a day! :P

Oh no! Well I'd love a Canon 5 if i could afford one, but I've always used my Canon 550D which has actually been great - I just spend a little more on the lenses instead. I actually spoke to our course leader and she said not to spend too much because we'll be able to use their facilities.

I'd love to see some of your work if you have any links? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending