Anybody speak Afrikaans? Watch

MattMatt
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
I was talking to my sister this weekend. She is abroad in South Africa and taking Afrikaans classes in school and has some friends that speak it. She told me she learned the funniest thing and had to tell me. She said Simba ment about the equilevent of ****. She said she even asked her teacher. I've tried googling it and translation pages to obviously no avail. Now, supposidly, Simba means lion in Swahili. So any linguists out there? Is she pulling my leg?
Navajo
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
No, kak = ****

I can't post the link up (as it would be removed) but if you type "Afrikaans english translation" into Google it's the 3rd result down
Eb
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Oh my.
A Salesman I used to work with came from south africa and gosh was he sexy. He did speak English.. but with the most lovely accent. Ha sorry.

Anyhow, said stud muffin has now left. I herd nothing from him but a lame text... which i wish i could undetstand =/ ... 'eck will julle meer'

Anyhow. One thing for sure, he sounded damn sexy =)
The Green Manalishi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Asseblief bru, quie dak? (sp?) I used to live in Botswana so yeah... don't praat serious Afrikaans though. Randomiser should be a good customer for ya :p:

Where're you from btw? SA? If so, where abouts in SA?
Rizzla
Badges: 0
Report 12 years ago
hey ppl, i come from South Africa and im currently living in germany. I can speak afrikaans fluently, seeing that it's my mother language. I also speak german, it's quite funny to see how similar afrikaans is to german. If there's any questions feel free to ask, i would love to translate!!
Fok voort en geniet dit
Claire_Elizabeth
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
My flat mate is fluent in it! She speaks on the fone to her dad in it!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (561)
37.65%
No - but I will (116)
7.79%
No - I don't want to (106)
7.11%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (707)
47.45%

Watched Threads