Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Does this jacket look green? Watch

ReputationRep:
    On eBay there's a jacket I really like, and the colour is listed as green. But to me it looks black:

I'd prefer black, and in all the pictures it doesn't look green at all, would you think it's green?

ReputationRep:
    It looks black to me as well?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe a bit blue but pretty much black :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Maybe they've shown the same jacket in a different colour, but they're selling a green one?

ReputationRep:
    I think it has a bit of a bluey green sheen. So in direct sunlight this might be more obvious. Why don't you ask the seller to take a picture of the fabric close up and with flash
    Plus compare the jacket to the trousers. They look a slightly different colour

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    Compaired to the trousers it does look a little green, I guess they just didn't want to put black incase people were misguided into thinking it was a plain black jacket. I'd say you're safe with trusting the picture but if in doubt contact the seller!

ReputationRep:
    Send them a message and ask if it's green or black as you like the black jacket in the picture but were confused as the description and picture don't match. There should be a button at the bottom of the listing that says 'Ask a question'

ReputationRep:
    It definitely isn't black, but it's mighty close. Hopefully as you are so unsure on it you wouldn't notice the colour variation when you get it.

ReputationRep:
    Looks like it's the colour black to me

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for all the replies I did send a message to the seller, I'll wait and see.

Looking at the trousers you can see the difference tis true, but not enough to ruin the jacket for me aha

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.