Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

A family is supposed to be helpful to you support you etc. They provide for me financially and do my washing etc (which is ridiculous as Im 26) yet I still feel fed up of them. All they seem to do is act like they hate me put me down and constantly nag harass me. With my mum I often wonder why she even bothered to have children as she is so miserable/nasty all the time. My dad can be incredibly nasty and is just kind of moronic. Also my sister has a new boyfriend who is incredibly rude and selfish so he just adds to the fact that I feel really sick of my family and their associates. Does anyone feel this way?

ReputationRep:
    Thats sad to hear , maybe should speak to family cus they may be unaware you feel like this.
    You should surround yourself with those make you happy or go out keep your mind occupied by doing what you love .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    A family is supposed to be helpful to you support you etc. They provide for me financially and do my washing etc (which is ridiculous as Im 26) yet I still feel fed up of them. All they seem to do is act like they hate me put me down and constantly nag harass me. With my mum I often wonder why she even bothered to have children as she is so miserable/nasty all the time. My dad can be incredibly nasty and is just kind of moronic. Also my sister has a new boyfriend who is incredibly rude and selfish so he just adds to the fact that I feel really sick of my family and their associates. Does anyone feel this way?
    Pretty much feel the same way bro apart from the mother. My mum is a A+ woman, so caring, so kind and worries her little head off about me. I'm 23 and still get the "Don't drink too much/don't do drugs/your not bored" chats all the time, she calls me constantly. It's a shame that I find it quite awkward to express how much I love her, I hope she knows.

However my dad is a world class ****er, so selfish and only really cares about money at the end of the day. I've found it almost impossible to get a job in my uni city (I REALLY WANT ONE) and my mum has supported me with weekly payments and food deliveries. My dad on the other hand moans and groans if he has to send me a tenner. He belittles most of my life choices because either he wouldn't make those choices or he's jealous.

A good example of my dad is that for my 21st birthday he offered to take me to Vegas, which is awesome as ****. I was shocked that he offered to and really felt awesome about it. So off we go...turned out it was just a business trip that he wanted some company on, I spent days walking around business conventions with him and really only did stuff he wanted to do.

Thankfully when I got home my group of friends and I went to London in a limo which they paid for, cost them 100 quid each and another 100 for London drinks and such. Quality friends, I hold them in high regard and miss them like ****.

If your family are putting you down concentrate on the good people in your life, plenty of people always care.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 14, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.