Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Mistakes

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, I shower minimum once a day.

Even if its just a quick jump in and out.

I think minimum once a day though!!

I dont wash my hair every day cos its realllly thick, plus it never gets greasy- so like 2 or 3 times a week, but i always have a full body shower with a shower cap on.

ReputationRep:
    Once you hit puberty it should really be at least once a day. On the rare occasion that I don't shower for a few days (when I'm ill) I feel dirty and itchy as hell.

ReputationRep:
    Twice a day

ReputationRep:
    Every other day. Some of you have a weird love of showers. I mean unless you're rolling in mud :wtf:

ReputationRep:
    My parents insist that I shower twice a day, but personally I think once is enough. And I never have a bath unless I'm round someone else's house. Baths tend to waste more water than showers and we no longer have a bath; we have a shower cube.

ReputationRep:
    I have a full body shower or bath once or twice a week if I haven't been doing any physical exercise or physical work . This is because I hardly ever sweat unless I exercise (in which case I certainly take a shower afterwards). Because I exercise regularly now, I shower much more often, but if not, I keep it at once or twice a week. I don't smell nor do I have awful skin.

I guess it's in our culture to shower every day so we don't get judged as being dirty, but there's nothing wrong with not showering for a few days unless you intimately come into contact with crap on a daily basis. It's overkill, unesscessary and it does more harm than good.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I shower everyday, not wrong with looking and feeling clean, especially in the morning, it wakes you up and get to play with the bottle of talc powder. Why don't some people shower everyday? I mean you haven't lost anything have you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sphodromantis)
    Yes, I shower everyday, not wrong with looking and feeling clean, especially in the morning, it wakes you up and get to play with the bottle of talc powder. Why don't some people shower everyday? I mean you haven't lost anything have you?
    Because my hair is as thick and has the same texture as Chewbacca's and takes about 12 hours to dry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kat_woman)
    Because my hair is as thick and has the same texture as Chewbacca's and takes about 12 hours to dry.
    :lol: You and I both. I shower every day but I'll only wash my hair like 3 times a week, maybe just twice, depends if I'm in or out at the weekend

ReputationRep:
    People should shower at least once a day imo
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Every day if I've been running, sometimes I'll skip a day if my hair doesn't look too bad. XD My hair gets extremely greasy extremely quickly, so it's pretty necessary.

ReputationRep:
    One a day, though If I go to the gym it can end up being twice a day. The only exception is the weekend where I stay at home and so have one shower on Saturday night and that's it.

ReputationRep:
    I shower every day and wash my hair every other day but sometimes I don't shower if I'm just lazing around the house all day.

When I was little (less than 7) I only had a bath once a week but I think once you hit puberty you start sweating a lot more and need to shower every day.
    Your friend is strange and will probably start to smell at some point.

edit: got negged for the truth... once a week is just not enough!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by w0tSuhail)
    My mate has told me he does not shower/bath everyday and showers/baths weekly. He is 15 as am I & I haven't noticed no problem with him, no unusually smell or nothing. How often do you guys shower/bath and is my mate an idiot or?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's because contrary to society's standards, its not essential to have a full shower/bath everyday unless you do sport or a lot of exercise, I don't feel the need to have a full shower more than once every few days and neither does some of my family, I find having a full shower a bit of a drag anyway. I know what the inevitable response will be from someone who probably feels they have to shower 10 times a day (i.e. 'I bet you're one of those people that smells then'), but honestly we don't smell, I am conscious about it and I'd know it if we did (for example, my clothes would smell, which they don't), full shower once or twice a week, put a bit of deodorant on everyday and I'm good to go and I rarely exercise. And as a result we have a much lower water bill than if we all showered 10 times a day.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    :bath: Generally, every other day. However it depends how often I've been exercising and even whether I'm stepping out of the house or greeting someone on that day.
    I tend to shower everyday if not more in the peak of summer whereas I tend to skip consecutive days in the winter freeze, which is definitely bad because such an occurrence means I haven't been going outside/exercising.

p.s. contrary to my opening smiley, I shower rather than bath; not that I save much water considering how long I shower for.

ReputationRep:
    every other day unless i smell.

ReputationRep:
    I can't start my day without a shower, it just feels wrong without it and it blows the cobwebs away a bit.

ReputationRep:
    I shower every day and a half i.e. I do one morning then night the following day - but I'm happy to go for a shower every two days or if I've done something that caused me to sweat and be stinking then I'd do it twice in a day or even 3 times as neccessary.

My hair dictates when I shower more than anything else - we've all got enough deodorants and things these day to prevent us smelling at all -and I'm happy with a quick wash at all other times I never have baths and I on;y shower round other people's houses when I'm there for more than a couple of days I get really nevous in other peoples bathrooms and get clumsy and break things - I'd rather not go through all that.

I did once shower every day - until a couple of years ago when it was cold (about -10) outside and I had no heating in my house - I couldn't stand the prospect of getting out of the shower in a room that was hovering around 4 degrees so I just didn't bother until I was at my parents at the weekends - I then realised that not showering wasn't going to kill me and wola - my 1.5 day routine commenced!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kat_woman)
    Same as mine!!! haha

I shower every other day thanks to the annoying effort my hair takes!

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.