Biology W2 June 2006 Watch

A.Jitto
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
How was the paper?
I mean that paper was messed up especially the 2nd question
Out of all the question in the world they had to pick this one.
What the hell is wrong with the people who set the paper?:mad:
awakening_D
Report 12 years ago
well in Q2 they had like 2 dependant variables and we had to relate them... i have to say, it was pretty buffling question.... haven't seen anyting like that before... i just had 2 experiments, one for flower visiting by bugs, and one for the droppings, and had 2 line-graphs for each of them, and said you could put those 2 graph into one chart, and check out the relation between them.
Parrotman
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I just kept the plant species changing and did pretty much the same as you by measuring frequency per day and pollen per day on four plants of each species.

Then a species average per day to give a species average of visits and pollen over the week. Strange question though, never seen one with two dependants.

I've also never seen anything like 1(d) come up though... Did everyone use strange class intervals for the table in number 1 (e.g. 13.1-14.0)
Ourkid
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Man!!! what the hell was that?!?!

I diid soemthing totally different from you guys... I thought you had to compare the pollen amount and frequency of visits compared with each species, so did a bar graph comparing amount of pollen, frequency for each species... and suggested a student T test .... if i get over 60% ill be well happy to be honest

I used the same values as you parrotman... hopefully itll be right...
1(d) was just confusing... i spoke about using a higher confidence level and more accurate significance level.

Dont know... Best concentrate on aceing the other units now
GlitterKitty
Report 12 years ago
Haha, it was absolutely awful, I felt like crying in the exam. I've never seen anything like 1d in any of the other papers we've looked at. I can't remember what I did for the second question, I was just panicking. Must revise like hell for unit 5 and the synoptic paper now.

Does anyone know how much the W2 paper is worth? Is it worth half of unit 6 or less?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (355)
37.57%
No - but I will (74)
7.83%
No - I don't want to (66)
6.98%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (450)
47.62%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise