Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Basically im an A2 biology student, and I wanted to ask a question.
    So as you know there are practicals which are supposed to be done for te coursework, however I was unabke to do these practicals
    So i wanted to know whether my grades would be valid if i sit the exams without the practicals because as you know teachers are supposed to assess you when you do practicals.

Can I stil do my final 2 exams in june, (I got a B as AS LEVEL) so I dont want to give up now

Many thanks

ReputationRep:
    I assume you're referring to the controlled assessment courseworks - did you do the papers but not the practicals, ie. get given some model results?

As I recall from teaching A-level (this was on OCR spec), there were two marks available for the actual practical procedure - one for not being a drip (ie. safe working), and one for something specific to that practical method.

The best thing to do would be to ask your teacher specifically, as they will be up to date on your exam board's rules. Personally I would be inclined to award the one mark for safe working if I had seen regular evidence of this in other practicals, but might be disinclined to award the other.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.