Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I had applied to MSc Finance programs at Warwick, Lancaster and Durham.
    I have received a rejection from Warwick for the applied program, though they offered me the MSc Business (Finance and Accounts) program. I have been accepted at Lancaster with a 3,000 pounds scholarship, and I am waiting for a reply from Durham.
    Should I have been accepted at Warwick for the MSc Finance program, there would've been no confusion. But now that I have been offered another program, I need help to choose.
    The pros and cons, according to my understanding, of the two universities are:

Warwick, pros: Great name, very good finance program, top in the ranking list, both as a university and a business school.

Warwick, cons: I'm not sure about the MSc Business (Finance and Accounts) program, the program is nowhere in any rankings (which are about the MBA and MSc Finance program)

Lancaster pros: Nice business school, well ranked finance program, I can flaunt having studied on merit based scholarship

Lancaster cons: Not highly ranked university, isn't globally recognized..

My decision will be based on job prospects for the particular course, how well the name is internationally known, the kind of students who will study there.

My decision will not be based upon the cost of study or living, etc. It won't even be based upon the location of the school.

Please do reply as soon as possible. I have to make this EXTREMELY important decision as soon as possible.

ReputationRep:
    Lancaster is top 10 in all the tables. I know what you mean though, it isnt "recognised" as a top uni yet, where as Warwick and Durham are. Id say Durham>Warwick> Lancaster.
    Technically Lancaster is ranked higher than Durham but in reality everyone would think durham was better.

Lancaster managment school has excellent links with city finance firms, but then so does warwick and durham. Id go to Durham.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.