Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    im planning on applying.
    i have work experience,A's im gcse maths, chemistry, English and biology and C in physics.

doing a levels ; psychology, biology, maths, chemistry, polish. and AS health and social.
    hoping for B's and A's.

any tips?

ReputationRep:
    Go to www.studentmidwife.net they have a fab forum designed to support studenst all the way from applying to getting asjob.

It is exceptionaly hard to get a place if you do not know what you are up against - eg NEVER say babies it will get you kicked out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kasia95)
    im planning on applying.
    i have work experience,A's im gcse maths, chemistry, English and biology and C in physics.

doing a levels ; psychology, biology, maths, chemistry, polish. and AS health and social.
    hoping for B's and A's.

any tips?
    Hello, I've applied for Midwifery this year and there's a few things that you should take into consideration before you apply. Firstly, I would not recommend just applying to one university. Most people apply to 5 universities and still manage to only get 1 offer and many don't even get offered a place first time. Staffordshire in particular has an extremely small cohort of 17 this year, making it extremely difficult to get a place with so many applicants. The general ratio is about 30 applicants to 1 place. This means that not only do you have to get at least the minimum entry req. you will also need an original and very good personal statement as well as relevant work experience. This is just so you can get selected for interview. To pass the interview you will need to know a lot about current midwifery news, NHS policies and reforms, ethical considerations and show a real passion for the career. Hope that helps, good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I sent my UCAS off today for Staffordshire University (as well as 4 other uni;s) in order to start Midwifery in September 2014.
    I have all my GCSE's at A*-C Grade
    5 A2 Levels at A*-D level
    and I am also on an access course.

I have a fair bit of experience such as early pregnancy assessment units, neo-natal care, pregnancy yoga, birthing partner etc

So I am just hoping a praying that I get a place

ReputationRep:
    hej kasia
    zaczynam pieleg w stycz jak masz jakies pytan daj znac

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laura_Rawlings)
    I sent my UCAS off today for Staffordshire University (as well as 4 other uni;s) in order to start Midwifery in September 2014.
    I have all my GCSE's at A*-C Grade
    5 A2 Levels at A*-D level
    and I am also on an access course.

I have a fair bit of experience such as early pregnancy assessment units, neo-natal care, pregnancy yoga, birthing partner etc

So I am just hoping a praying that I get a place

Wow u have a lot You already have your fair share of work experience and that is the main thing. Hopefully you will get in and I believe that u will get in, think positively

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone I have an unconditional offer for Midwifery Shortened course Sept 2014.. Congratulations to all those who also secured a place, for those who were unlucky keep trying do not give up as you will eventually get there!. Hoping everything goes well and hopefully be a Midwife before I am 4o as I am a mature student lol!. M

ReputationRep:
    OMG forgot to put where!. Going to Staffs.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.