Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So basically i got accepted into sports therapy but I realized I would like sports&exercise science better. Can I change to sports&exercise science before uni starts ? Or only after it starts, in the first few weeks? Or could I transfer to it from the 2nd year, considering there are similar courses in the first year?

ReputationRep:
    It will vary depending on the university; some will allow it, others might say you can switch shortly after arrival (this is, in my experience, the usual option), others might say after your first year, others might just say no, but this is quite rare and tends to depend on whether they have absolutely fixed student numbers for each course.

Your best option would be to call the admissions people at the uni and ask.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnnyRuse)
    So basically i got accepted into sports therapy but I realized I would like sports&exercise science better. Can I change to sports&exercise science before uni starts ? Or only after it starts, in the first few weeks? Or could I transfer to it from the 2nd year, considering there are similar courses in the first year?
    What university is it (or, if more than one, which is your firm)?

I've moved your thread to UCAS and Apps for now, as Educational Debate is for debate and educational issues, but if I know the university then I'll be able to move it to the appropriate subforum and current students might be able to provide feedback.

ReputationRep:
    It`s University of Worcester. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    ive applied for a joint course and they told me if i dont like it after a couple of weeks i can drop one and carry on with the other! so maybe they will let you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnnyRuse)
    I'm guessing if you meet the entry requirements for the new course, you can't lose anything by emailing admissions and asking. I am on my gap year now and applied to Worcester for Primary Education last year. Since being on my gap year, I decided I wanted to change to English Language. I emailed admissions and they said I could, no problem. So now I'm starting Worcester in September to study English Lang and Education Studies(Joint). So just email the admissions office.
    Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys. I`ve applied for the Sports&Exercise Science BSc. It`s been a month and a half since then. The deadline for them to respond is June 30th, so fingers crossed.

ReputationRep:
    I am in the exact same position as you! I am studying Sport Therapy and wish to move onto Sport Science!
    I have just completed my 2nd year in Sport Therapy and i am wanting to change course to Sport Science but start in the 2nd year as both courses had similar modules in year 1.
    Do you know by any chance if that is possible?

ReputationRep:
    I think it is certainly possible. Just talk to the admissions office or someone from the uni staff and I`m sure there will be no problem. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    I have been offered a place for mental health nursing which is NHS paid for, but want to swap to a psychology course..
    How do I go about this

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.