Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hosting a party watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So I'm hosting a house party for the first time, and I don't know about 60% of the people coming,( don't worry, it's safe), so how should I get the party started? Like should we all get to know each other first, or get intoxicated immediately? Any suggestions? P.s. everyone is around 16.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Bump!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by habs10)
    So I'm hosting a house party for the first time, and I don't know about 60% of the people coming,( don't worry, it's safe), so how should I get the party started? Like should we all get to know each other first, or get intoxicated immediately? Any suggestions? P.s. everyone is around 16.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It'll probably start off with people just standing around with some music playing, you can all arrange the drinks / make up any punch or whatever, get snacks out and then just start chatting.

Then as more people come then you'll spill out into more rooms, music will get more party-ish, first drinking game and then you're away

edit: Out of curiousity, why/how are you having a house party where you don't know the majority of the guests?

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you know everybody first?
    Since y'all are 16, get to know each other first.

USING THE TSR APP

ReputationRep:
    Why am I not invited?

ReputationRep:
    My mates are inviting a few of their friends, and the thing is, there'll be like 20 people so I don't think we'd be able to do a drinking game :L

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    gets the beats playing the drink flowing and itll take care of itself pretty quickly to be honest

ReputationRep:
    Have "zones" in the house. A loud chatty zone, a quieter chilled zone, an outdoor space, and place snacks dotted around so people move around and talk to eachother. Whenever I used to have parties at my old house I would stock up on toilet roll and baby wipes, sellotape the kitchen cabinets closed and get a fire going in the garden :yep:
    Have fun, be safe, and don't be afraid to kick any idiots out :-)
    P.S don't make an open Facebook group

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    JUst let the drinks flow, get the beats pumping, mingle and let people get chatting themselves. As the night goes on people will get more relaxed and before you know it everyone will be getting on like a house on fire Just make sure and keep everything under control and get rid of anyone who wants to cause trouble.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.