Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey Guys;

Well, I am going over the structure of a neurone and can't find what they are actually for in my Nelson Thorne's or my other sources, it just says what they are and how big they are. =l

ReputationRep:
    myleinated neurone has areas of nodes of raniver at which depolarisation can occur so the impulse jumps between these nodes, speeding up conduction.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sadiex1)
    myleinated neurone has areas of nodes of raniver at which depolarisation can occur so the impulse jumps between these nodes, speeding up conduction.
    I love you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scienceisgood)
    I love you!
    That process is called saltatory conduction by the way
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Booyah)
    That process is called saltatory conduction by the way
    Fun fact: the word saltatory comes from the Latin word for "jump", named such because the action potential jumps from node to node.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Hype en Ecosse)
    Fun fact: the word saltatory comes from the Latin word for "jump", named such because the action potential jumps from node to node.
    Yeah, i was reading up an interesting little account on mclintock and saltatory genes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.