Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

First topic here so hi! This might be a bit rambly so apologies :L
    I'm currently doing an NC in art and design but didn't get into any unis this year but I've got a conditional for a HNC in visual communications.
    Due to not getting in I've been thinking of what else I can do. I want to be a teacher at some point (i was planning on doing an art degree and then pgce afterwards) so I've decided to do a HNC in Early education and childcare and try for a Primary Teaching degree next year.
    My only problem is my maths is below the requirements. I was doing credit up until 3rd year where I failed the prelim and got moved to general. Ended up with a 3, getting 3 for RE and 4 for KU. As I didn't get a solid 3 I wasn't allowed to do Int 2 in 5th year so did int 1 instead. I found Int 1 horribly easy, I got an A. Even then I couldn't take Int 2 in 6th year because we did units 1/2/4 (the 'real life' maths unit instead of algebra etc)! I took higher psychology instead in that column and got a B.
    As part of my NC I've got do core skills, and as I've only got a level 4 core skill for maths I have to do level 5 numeracy.
    Does this count for 'maths' as its on the same level (5) with a Credit/Int2 pass? If not I'm guessing I'll need to do Int 2?
    Thanks in advance!
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?
Applying to university
Uni match

Find your perfect match

Our tool will help you find the perfect uni course for you

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.