Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How feminism has destroyed Western civilisation watch

ReputationRep:
    So I was reading the thread about the suspected gang rape victim and how she committed suicide. The most shocking of all was how the media had already branded the suspects as rapists despite there being so far, to the knowledge of the public, no evidence to make them rapists. Many TSR posters were also calling them rapists which was sad to see. I don't think you see such assumptions (ie guilty until proven innocent) for most suspects of the most heinous of crimes.

So then I stumbled across this article. And well, the quote I will highlight says it all:

http://www.twincities.com/olympics/c...toured-through

In the end, Judge Dillard decided, the defense had not been able to impugn the credibility of Holm's accuser.

"Without a firm reason to believe (the accuser) was lying or had been dreaming, the verdict in this case cannot be not guilty," Dillard wrote.
    Note that also there wasn't much, it any, evidence to convict him in the first place [The article has quotes from the state DNA expert]. The fact is that feminists have led to this decline in the justice system for rape. Also because of the way feminists paint rape and the way that false rape accusations almost never receive big enough coverage, people always assume a suspect is guilty because everyone has this image of all women being sweet angels who can do no wrong or lie.

The current justice system has developed over thousands of years, stretching back to ancient Greece, of course it's has periods where it has regressed and periods where it's made huge progressions. I think many would agree that the current system, although not perfect, is one of the best around anywhere. Especially in the past few centuries it's made huge progress. It's just sad to see all the hard work men put into making a tight fit system that gives both the accused and the accuser protection is being dismantled piece by piece by an illogical ideology. It's a travesty that even in one instance that the courts assume guilty without proof, unfortunately this happens all too often because I've read many news stories of rape trials being called off because the woman confessed she was lying [How can there be a trial if someone is lying which obviously means that there is clearly not even enough evidence of rape occurring]. The forefront of any justice system is to protect the innocent. Unfortunately society deems that if you are a man being accused by a woman this does not apply to you.

ReputationRep:
    Just as there is a root to the weed there is a root to feminism; liberalism.

But according to liberals the wheel must go on, progression must happen, shame they don't see that they are going to get run over by the same wheel leaving them in a blood pulp.

ReputationRep:
    This happens all the time in the media. There was something I read about, they were thinking about hiding the identity of suspects because they were getting judged so much they get hate, violence and sometimes killed for just being a suspect

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CodeJack)
    This happens all the time in the media. There was something I read about, they were thinking about hiding the identity of suspects because they were getting judged so much they get hate, violence and sometimes killed for just being a suspect
    Yup there was a recent case here in the UK where a girl made false accusations against a boy [I think he was fairly young, something like 16/17]
    and her sister got a group of guys to kill him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ultimate1)
    Yup there was a recent case here in the UK where a girl made false accusations against a boy [I think he was fairly young, something like 16/17]
    and her sister got a group of guys to kill him.
    and I hope that sister is burning in prison right now.

ReputationRep:
    And the group of the guys and the girl who lied in the first place

ReputationRep:
    Not a chance, she probably won't even be arrested. She is after all a woman, woman can do no wrong. If anything I wouldn't be surprised if she gets no punishment and the guys get lengthy time. Both should get equal time as they're both as guilty as each other.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Difference between "feminists" and feminists, however.

Also, less than two in a thousand accusations of rape turn out to be false. That's why they're not reported very much - they're rare. Plus, when you consider how many people are raped, and that only around ten in a thousand rapists are convicted, then really, the media should focus more on that as an issue rather than false rape accusations.

ReputationRep:
    people always assume a suspect is guilty because everyone has this image of all women being sweet angels who can do no wrong or lie.
    Um, yeah. That's the sort of sexism that most feminists want to address. Women can be whatever, just like men. Be it 'evil', or 'good', women are people too. Not just victims. Obviously, feminism also encourages people to speak up and report sexual offences. If some sickos want to falsely acuse men of rape how is this feminism's fault? They are playing the gender roles to their advantage.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmyAquarius)
    Um, yeah. That's the sort of sexism that most feminists want to address. Women can be whatever, just like men. Be it 'evil', or 'good', women are people too. Not just victims. Obviously, feminism also encourages people to speak up and report sexual offences. If some sickos want to falsely acuse men of rape how is this feminism's fault? They are playing the gender roles to their advantage.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not it's because feminists have been able to get a system into place which severely disadvantages the accused. In no other crime are you already on the back foot as soon as someone accuses you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChocoCoatedLemons)

Also, less than two in a thousand accusations of rape turn out to be false. That's why they're not reported very much - they're rare. Plus, when you consider how many people are raped, and that only around ten in a thousand rapists are convicted, then really, the media should focus more on that as an issue rather than false rape accusations.
    Don't think so. Of the scarce amount of studies done, a significant amount of rape accusations have turned out to be false. Some studies there has been upwards of 45% of accusations turning out to be false. Certainly there needs to be much more investigated into this matter.

ReputationRep:
    How is it different to people being accused of murder or pedophilia etc?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    and the rapists who were guilty, yet walked free because doubt was placed in the jurys mind about the womans character - i.e. how promiscuous she is...?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Don't think so. Of the scarce amount of studies done, a significant amount of rape accusations have turned out to be false. Some studies there has been upwards of 45% of accusations turning out to be false. Certainly there needs to be much more investigated into this matter.
    The ones I've seen have all shown a very small amount of false accusations. However, I completely agree that there needs to be more studies done - and more done to encourage victims to come forwards, because an alarming amount never report the rape. And if we had a more conclusive estimate of victims, then we'd know more about false accusations.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChocoCoatedLemons)

Where are you getting the stats from, out of interest? A lot of stats surrounding rape/sexual abuse are open to a lot of fiddling.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Steevee)
    Where are you getting the stats from, out of interest? A lot of stats surrounding rape/sexual abuse are open to a lot of fiddling.
    I'll try to find them gimme a minute I saw them quite a while ago.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosasaurr)
    and the rapists who were guilty, yet walked free because doubt was placed in the jurys mind about the womans character - i.e. how promiscuous she is...?
    How do you know they were guilty?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james22)
    How do you know they were guilty?
    stuff like overwhelming physical evidence? I remember reading something on it but I can remember where... like a judge said how the person is guilty, but you place doubt on the character of the woman and they can walk free.

ReputationRep:
    I think the problems you are attributing to feminism are actually rooted in patriarchy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosasaurr)
    stuff like overwhelming physical evidence? I remember reading something on it but I can remember where... like a judge said how the person is guilty, but you place doubt on the character of the woman and they can walk free.
    You need more than evidence that they had sex. you need evidence that it was forced. There was not sufficiant evidence of this so the accused were not found guilty. Remember they need to be found guilty beyond all reasonable doubt.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.