Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey
    i'm going inter railing round europe this coming summer 2013. I'm going from july 22nd till August 9th, so thats for 19 days.
    I'm going with 6 friends and we're going (in order) Rome, Venice, Budapest, Prague, Berlin and Amsterdam. We're staying in each place for average 3 nights each (apart from venice, for only one because we know how expensive it is).
    We've booked all our hostels and we're doing it cheaply so average £15-£20 a night. But now i've got to save for my spending money but unsure on how much i should take.
    How much do you think is a good a amount to take or spend per day (not including hostels)
    Any comments are helpful thank you!

ReputationRep:
    hey, it totally depends on what you want to do and how you want to live: If you want to make your own sarnies for lunch and cook and drink in the hostel, then you can do it for less than £10 each a day, but if you're going to eat and drink out a bit and go to touristy stuff (paid museums/buildings/canal trips etc) then it'll be more like £20-30. Hope that's handy!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 16, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.